By Bhurijana dasa
Two peacocks within a Vrindavan wheat field.
In Krsna’s presence, the peacocks of Vraja would ecstatically dance upon hearing the sound of Krsna’s flute.
One gopi glorified Vraja and the effect of Krsna’s flute as follows, “O friend, Vrndavana is spreading the glory of the earth, having obtained the treasure of the lotus feet of Krsna, the son of Devaki. The peacocks dance madly when they hear Govinda’s flute, and when other creatures see them from the hilltops, they all become stunned. (Bhag. 10.21.10)
Srila Sridhara Svami comments: Because activities such as those described in this verse do not occur in any other world, the earth is unique. In fact, the earth’s glories are being spread by wonderful Vrndavana because it is the place of Krsna’s pastimes.
Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments: Upon seeing the dancing of the maddened peacocks, which was in response to the resounding of Govinda’s flute, all the other creatures upon the peaks of the mountains ceased from their activities and became stunned.
Visvanatha further describes this amazing scene: Govinda, when requested by the peacocks, “Please make us dance”, plays His flute, and while dancing in rhythm with the measure of His melody, the peacocks surround Him in a circle. Then Govinda, standing in the midst of their dancing, also sings and dances. Those peacocks, who are fully satisfied with Govinda’s musical performance, offer Him in gratitude, for His pleasure, their own divine feathers.
Govinda, following the manners of musical performers, gladly accepts their presentation and places the feathers on the turban atop His head.
The gentle animals of Vraja–the deers, doves, other birds and animals– also become stunned in ecstacy, for they have gone to the peaks of the hills and are their relishing this entertainment, thinking “We want to see all of this!”
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...