Sastra Dana – Congregational Book Distribution
November 2007: Volume 9, Issue 20
See PDF newsletter
Then how is it that sometimes while trying to serve Krishna, an activity that naturally guides the mind towards Krishna, we feel fear? Because we have lost the focus. Book distribution is a good example to illustrate this point. We hold books in our hands and dread the thought of entering a store and asking a simple question, “Hi. Would you mind if I left a few spiritual books here for your customers to read?” Sometimes we may be so fearful that we will not even get so far to get some books for distribution let alone approaching unknown people. If we feel like that it means our absorbtion in Krishna is not a strong one.
In the midst of Krishna consciousness our personal concerns are interjecting and separating us from Krishna, thus we get plunged into fear. Instead of thinking about Krishna and acting for His pleasure we become very concerned about our selves. The secret is that our true benefit lies in acting for Krishna’s and the spiritual master’s pleasure. Personal gratification never ends in one’s benefit. Actually, quite the contrary. The Bhagavad-gita (5.22) tells us that the place of self-gratification is the birthplace of all misery. The Bhagavatam (1.2.6) declares that selfless service to Krishna is the only way to satisfy the self.
Once we cast aside the personal concerns and dive into selfless devotional service we will be fearless and very happy. Devotees who broke the ice and are distributing spiritual knowledge, the best product to have ever entered the material realm, report a discovery of a great ocean of happiness! Try it out for yourself.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...