Dipotsava-Annakutotsava at ISKCON Baroda
By Basu Ghosh Das – President, ISKCON Baroda
On November 9 and 10 ISKCON Baroda observed the twin festivals of “Dipotsava” (aka “Diwali”) and “Annakutotsava” (“Govardhan Puja”), by arranging for the traditional “Annakuta” – “mountain of grains”, new dresses for Their Lordships, Sri Sri Radha Shyamsundar, Sri Sri Sri Jagannath Baladev and Subhadradevi, and Sri Sri Gaur Nitai.
We also performed “Go Puja” in our new “goshalla” (“goshti” in Samskritam), arrange for mass distribution of prasad (full meal/bhojan) to more than six thousand persons – within the temple compund – and arranged for the temple to be decorated by lights outside, which continues for the entire month of Kartik.
Also daily there are arrangements for all visitors to the temple to participate in the “diparadhana mahotsav” (personal offering of lamps to the Deities in the darkened temple room), when all the lights are switched off, and only the traditional “dipas” – lamps lit by wicks sitting in oil – are used to illuminate the entire temple room.
Please see pictures of the function on the internet uploaded to “flickr”:
Since “a picture is worth a thousand words”, we are confident that viewing them will enliven you all!
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Giriraj SwamiSaturday night we performed har...
- By Nitya-priya Devi DasiSrila Prabhupada envisi...
- By E. BondarThe way we answer this question wil...
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...