Homages for Srila Prabhupada’s VP book
By Dravida dasa
Dear Devotees, Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
This year, as always, we request you to submit your homages to Srila Prabhupada for his Vyasa Puja book by April 15. The standards for submitting an offering are as follows:
Absolutely no offerings will be accepted after April 15, 2008. Offerings must be in English. Please restrict the length to a maximum of 3,000 words or 15k of ASCII text. Please omit all diacritics on words that can be found in the VedaBase. It’s easier for us to put them in. If you quote a verse from outside the VedaBase or compose original Sanskrit, please include diacritics. Do not ‘recycle’ an offering. No offerings from previous years will be accepted. The Vyasa-puja book is meant for glorifying Srila Prabhupada, not for venting grievances. The BBT reserves the right to reject an offering it deems inappropriate or to ask for a rewrite. When writing an offering on behalf of a temple or other unit, please try to write in such a way that the other devotees in your unit can also identify with the offering.
Who may write an offering?
1) Governing Body Commissioners
3) Authorized representatives of ISKCON temples, preaching centers, farms, gurukulas, BBT offices, and ‘others,’ such as BTG magazine and ISCOWP. If there is some doubt, we will request you to send written authorization from your GBC representative.
4) No multiple offerings. For example, a temple should not enlist all its bhaktas to write offerings under the temple heading. Joint authorship (2-4 devotees) of a single offering is fine.
5) Please make sure you tell us where the offering originates. For example: New Vamsi-vata (the Madagascar farm community), NOT just New Vamsi-vata. If we don’t know where the offering comes from, we will not print it.
6) Always leave a double space between paragraphs. If you want some special formatting, submit your offering in printed form or send it as an attached file in Microsoft Word or RTF format (see 1. below).
Ways to submit an offering, in order of preference:
1) By uploading offering to Dravida dasa at email@example.com.
2) By sending offering on a CD-R or other medium to Vyasa-puja Book, PO Box 34074, Los Angeles, CA 90034. Any Mac or PC format OK, but please label the CD. Also, include an e-mail address on the label just in case we can’t read it.
3) By faxing offering to the BBT in LA: (310) 837-1056.
4) By mailing a typed or carefully handwritten offering to Vyasa-puja Book, PO Box 34074, Los Angeles, CA 90034. (If you plan to send a printout, why not send it on a disk or upload it and save us all that keying in?)
Offerings may be submitted any time from now until April 15, 2008. Receipt of offering by e-mail will be confirmed on e-mail. For other offerings you can confirm receipt by calling direct to (310) 837-5283. Don’t expect a return call or fax; keep trying till you get a live person. The BBT is not responsible for illegible or lost offerings.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Mijal ZagierThesis for the 6 week documentar...
- By Giriraj SwamiSaturday night we performed har...
- By Nitya-priya Devi DasiSrila Prabhupada envisi...
- By E. BondarThe way we answer this question wil...
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...