Prayer Request for Jahnavi
By Varnadi das and Yamuna dd
Jahnavi (Jennifer Haggard) of Alachua, daughter of Pavitra dd (ACBSP) and former director of Children of Krishna, has been in Shands Hospital in Gainesville since January 14th.
We are asking for the prayers and support from all her friends and well-wishers.
In the past couple of months Jahnavi has experienced several burns due to severe neuropathy, a symptom of her diabetes. Because of the neuropathy she has very little or no feeling in most of her extremities and it is therefore easily possible to get hurt without knowing. She had been in the hospital about two months earlier for an operation on one such burn and during that time the wound got infected with MRSA, a medication-resistant bacterium that is getting increasingly more common. The antibiotics administered to battle this MRSA worked and she spent Christmas and New Year at home. However, because of her weak immunity system the medication eventually lead to kidney failure. She would have left her body if it wasn’t for an emergency kidney dialysis at the ICU of Shands.
The doctors are now keeping her in the hospital because her kidneys aren’t responding and it looks like she will be on permanent dialysis from now on. She has many complicated health issues, including an upcoming likely amputation of her toes, that over all cause her situation to go from weak to precarious.
Jahnavi is very aware that her heart can fail and that her life is completely in Krishna’s hands. She is mentally as sharp as ever. It would be fantastic if devotees could write her realizations, prayers, or encouraging words. You can send these as comments on this article or email them to email@example.com and we will read them to her. If you live in the Alachua-Gainesville area and would like to visit her, please call Shands Hospital (352-265-0111) and ask for Jennifer Haggard. She can’t always answer the phone, but if you’re willing to just stop by anyway, that would be even better. Just be aware that sometimes she may be in the middle of a procedure and you may have to wait for ten minutes or so.
Please also keep her mother, Pavitra dd, and her son, Abhimanyu, in your prayers.
Varnadi das and Yamuna dd
(Willem and Jennifer Vandenberg)
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...