Dallas – a great place for devotees
I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a nice place for devotee families in Kalachandji Dham/Dallas Texas. The community is centered around an old church building which is the home to Kalachandji’s Dallas palace-a Vedic style temple-that still draws tours. For the devotees there are houses to purchase for roughly $100,000 in the temple area. There is an active busy award winning restaurant-Kalachandji’s Garden restaurant-that serves roughly 75 people a night-and provides a constant flow of new people coming to the temple. The whole block is Kalachandji park surrounded by devotee houses and the gurukula. Yes a Gurukula that goes up to ninth grade that was founded by Srila Prabhupada himself. Srila Prabhupada installed Kalachandji on Radhastami in 1972 and is lavishly worshipped by the Dallas devotees. For me , it is very nice to have devotees living next door , across the street-all over the place. Many of the devotees have outside jobs but it is a warm Krishna in the center community. There are disciples from every Guru and about 15 Prabhupada disciples. There are a few “famous” kirtan leaders but the second generation is coming on really really strong. They have get togethers every Ekasdasi with special prasadam dishes and a estatric bhajan. These second geners rock and have Krishna in place that Srila Prabhupada knew about-not me.
In summary, Dallas is a great place with affordable housing, gurukula, great prasadam, many devotees and no pressure. I love it –oh yea-mild weather. I don’t do much service but produce a weekly TV show that goes to over 235,000 homes every week.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...
- By Muralidhara-priya Das 2016 marks the Fiftiet...
- By Mukundamala Dasa One morning when going thro...
- By His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami P...
- By Len Cohen"Merciful music and Krishna’s trans...