By Bhurijana dasa
Hare Krsna. Srila Rupa Gosvami glorifies the purifying power of the River in his Yamunastakam:
“May Sri Yamuna, who is the daughter of Suryadeva, who is the famous, splendid, spiritual river flowing through the Bhur, Bhuva, and Sva planets, who burns away the greatest sins, and who is fragrant with scented ointments from Lord Krsna’s transcendental body, always purify me.”
May Sri Yamuna, who is the daughter of Suryadeva, a drop of whose water destroys the sinful reactions of the people, who creates a great flood of confidential pure devotional service to Lord Nandananadana, and who brings auspiciousness to they who desire to live on her shore, always purify me.”
Indeed the Bhagavatam states that the mere sight of the Yamuna River filled Krsna and Balarama with great happiness:
“O King Par…kit, when R€ma and KŠa saw Vnd€vana, Govardhana, and the banks of the river Yamun€, They both enjoyed great pleasure.”
Who then would not worship with great joy and hope such an appropriate object of devotion as the Yamuna River!
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...