Battle of Kurukshetra 2008
By Mathura Lilesvari Devi Dasi
Come 7th June 2008, T. A. S. K ( To Always Serve Krishna) of Sri Jagannatha Mandir Kuala Lumpur will be organising Battle of Kurukshetra, an annual Bhagavad Gita Quiz and Sloka Festival. This festival was inaugurated and was launched by HG Simheswara Das, the regional Secretary of ISKCON Malaysia last year. Battle of Kurukshetra received overwhelming response from devotees all over Malaysia. Parents looked at it as an opportunity to engage their children in reading the Bhagavad Gita.
We would like to add that eventhough it’s a competition, winning is not the main objective of Battle of Kurukshetra. In Battle of Kurukshetra there are no losers, just like 5000 years ago, all that gave their lives in the battlefield, went back to Godhead, whether the were the Pandavas or the Kauravas.
There are two parts to the festival, the sloka recital competition and the quiz. All questions for the quiz are set based on Srila Prabhupada’s Bhagavad GIta As It Is. As such, the objective of Battle of Kurukshetra is to encaurage and motivate devotees to read and to study Prabhupada’s Gita thoroughly.
This year, H. H B. V. V Narasimha Swami will be launching Battle of Kurukshetra. We thank Maharaj for his kind support.
Battle of Krukshetra is a half day programme. The quiz and sloka competitions are divided into four categories. Anyone aged 5 and above can participate. For more details you may visit www. iskconkl. com or www. sjmklyouths. blogspot. com
Battle of Kurukshetra ki Jai! Srila Prabhupada ki Jai
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...
- By Muralidhara-priya Das 2016 marks the Fiftiet...
- By Mukundamala Dasa One morning when going thro...
- By His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami P...
- By Len Cohen"Merciful music and Krishna’s trans...
- By Bhakta Kaplish Keeping in view the large num...
- By Kesava Krsna DasaHas anyone ever attended a ...
- By Lilasuka dasiThe academic school in New Vrin...
- By Nimai Devi Dasi Leicester Cathedral, a Mosqu...