Starting Glovesco Conference
Bharat Chandra Das: (Global Varnasrama Educational Social & Cultural Organization) Conference
As part of the “Get-Involved” efforts of GLOVESCO (Global Varnasrama Educational Social & Cultural Organization), a forum has been established on PAMHO. net for devotees to discuss, share, disseminate, and get-involved with various activities in order to fulfill Srila Prabhupada’s Varnasrama Mission all over the world.
The conference will deal with various issues from concepts to practical implementation such as:
1. What is the Varnasrama Mission?
2. Frequently Asked Questions about the Varnasrama Mission.
3. Research topics on Varnasrama Dharma as instructed by Srila Prabhupada, previous Acharyas and Sastra (14 books of Vedic knowledge).
4. Varnasrama Education (Formal, Non-formal and Informal Education)
5. Current developments of Varnasrama projects all over the world.
6. Why cities are not the best places to stay?
7. Varnasrama Youth Services AND THE VITAL ROLE OF YOUTH IN VARNASRAMA
9. Varnasrama Colleges having the levels of Varnasrama Shikshalaya, Varnasrama Vidyalaya, Varnasrama Maha-Vidyalaya and Varnasrama Vidyapeetham.
10. Reviving Traditional Village Technologies.
11. Recent Publications.
GLOVESCO is a pioneer institution organizing, establishing and promoting self-sufficient, locally governed and God-conscious community projects or in other words “Varnasrama Projects” on a global scale. GLOVESCO is meant to be a global set-up with a vast group of individuals having varied backgrounds and expertise and who share the mission called “MAKE VRNDAVAN VILLAGES” as envisioned by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada, Founder – Acarya of the International Society of Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON). GLOVESCO, spearheaded by Global Director, His Holiness Bhakti Raghava Swami and Continental Coordinators, National Coordinators, Regional Coordinators and Village Coordinators, sees itself as a specialized and supportive extension of the ISKCON society in the matter of Varnasrama Development.
A varnasrama community is a systematic and scientific organization of individuals and families wherein there is full scope for all persons to follow the precepts of the Bhagavad-gita through traditional occupations based on natural social divisions “varna” and on progressive spiritual emancipation “asrama”. This is best accomplished within an agrarian based setting. Land, cows and Krishna are the basic ingredients and “Use only what you can produce and produce only what you need”, as explained by Srila Prabhupada, is the basic maxim that such communities practice.
EXPERTISE AND PAST EXPERIENCE
GLOVESCO sees an emergency in developing such an alternative society, especially in the context of the unsustainable and fragile set-up of the modern world. With this vision, two projects, Gita Nagari Baru (GNB) and Ganga Sagara Baru (GSB), were successfully initiated in Indonesia, pioneering the era of sustainable alternative living. Established in 1999, Gita Nagari Baru is spread over 150 acres, housing 25 families totaling over
100 residents, including educational facilities for its 50 children population. GNB is in its 9th year of formation and continues to be supported in terms of consultancy and mentoring. GSB, in its 4th year of development, is spread over an area of 300 acres and is located in the green belt of a Government supported area of Borneo.
Many more such projects are being taken up systematically and, in order to foster their successful implementation, a FOUR level EDUCATIONAL set-up, (1) Varnasrama Shikshalya, (2) Varnasrama Vidyalaya, (3) Varnasrama Maha-Vidyalaya and (4) Varnasrama Vidyapeetham is being embarked upon. These will be help realize Srila Prabhupada’s dream of establishing Varnasrama Colleges wherever there are centers of Krishna consciousness.
In order to meet its objectives, GLOVESCO publishes literature, sponsors field experiences, holds seminars, and conducts research studies which help produce Books, Bulletins, Newsletters, Magazines and Documentary films. To its credit, GLOVESCO has 3 publications titled: “MAKE VRNDAVANA VILLAGES – In Support of Varnasrama Dharma”, “Varnasrama Education – In Support of Traditional Education” and “Implementing Varnasrama – GLOVESCO Reference Guide”; “Narada Bulletin – Monthly Issue”, “Varnasrama Newsletters
– Monthly Issue”, and “GLOVESCO Magazine – Annual”. A Documentary movie – “Save Our Cows, Save Our Planet” was completed by the efforts of Varnasrama Research Team (VRT) in India.
“Traditional Education – Selected Interviews”, “Joint Family Concepts and Advantages”, “Varnasrama Directory & Resource Guide”, “Global Varnasrama” and “Varnasrama Bulletin”. The next documentary film project in the making is “MAKE VRNDAVANA VILLAGES”.
SEMINARS AND WORKSHOPS
GLOVESCO was successful in sponsoring two courses (1) Varnasrama Mission – Make Vrndavana Villages & (2) Yoga Therapy in Sri Dham Mayapur as part of the annual MIHET seminars in 2008. GLOVESCO is opening its Varnasrama College Campus in January 2009 with a three month introductory course.
Please write to Bhakti.Raghava.Swami@pamho.net or Bharat.Chandra.BRS@pamho.net to join the conference. We would also send you two application forms (GLOVESCO membership and Service Category Application) to be avail free membership of GLOVESCO. The membership benefits include free newsletters, library catalogues shared, free training calendar, events calendat and other updates.
P. s: You can also join conferences in PAMHO using other e-mail service other than PAMHO. net Id.
Visit us at: www. varnasrama. org; www. glovesco. org
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...
- By Niranjana Swami My name is Omvati Devi Dasi,...
- By Harideva Dasa “So at the time of death… Of c...
- By Iskcon NairobiThe University Program in Nair...