Panihati Festival and Snana Yatra Festival Videos
By Shyamagopika dd
Around five hundred years ago, at Panihati, Srila Raghunathadasa Goswami prepared and distributed chida dahi (a preparation made with chipped rice and yogurt and fruits) to thousands of devotees on the banks of Ganges on the order of Sri Nityananda Prabhu. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally appeared during this festival and showered mercy on His devotee, Raghunathadasa Goswami. Hundreds of devotees from ISKCON Mayapur every year visit Panihati to observe this festival and distribute Chida-dahi prasada in a grand way. This year, ISKCON Mayapur had set up a big pandal and distributed chida –dahi prasada to over 60,000 devotees assembled at panihati, non-stop from morning till evening 3 p.m. Kirtan and katha was going on in the pandal while devotees were distributing prasada. Srila Prabhupada’s books were distributed on this occasion. Krishnadas kaviraja dasa’s harinam parikrama aroud Panihati was a highlight in this year’s festival. HG Nitai Prasad dasa gave katha on this pastime. Around 10 litres of milk, 100 kgs of yogurt, 1000 kgs of chipped rice, 10 kg of dry fruits,100 big jack fruits, 6500 bananas, juicy mangoes,100 kgs of sugar and 300 kgs of Gur or molasses were used to prepare Chida dahi and offered to Sri Gaura-Nitai under the tree where Lord Nityananda Prabhu personally partook and distributed chida dahi. After Ganga bath, devotees honored a feast on their way back to Sri Mayapur!
Preparation of chida dahi in this Video!
Chida dahi offering and distribution in this Video!
Sri Jagannatha Snana Yatra Video!
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...
- By Muralidhara-priya Das 2016 marks the Fiftiet...
- By Mukundamala Dasa One morning when going thro...
- By His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami P...
- By Len Cohen"Merciful music and Krishna’s trans...