My Little Cancer
By Vidyananda das
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada! Hare Krishna!
I have a little story to tell you about a gift I recently received from Krishna. He put me on notice about my life and service to Srila Prabhupada. I was told I have cancer.
When the doctor found it 3 weeks ago, they said it was a big cancer polyp in my colon and they expected that I would soon be getting radiation, chemotherapy, surgery and most likely spend the rest of my life wearing a colostomy bag because of the location of the tumor.
I didn’t have any symptoms that led me to complain about it, we found it during a routine physical. Since I was 57 the doctor sent me for the colonoscopy that I should have had at 50.
I had been without health insurance for years and only went for the physical exam because I changed to a job that included health insurance.
As doctors like to do, they poked and prodded me with more specific tests and they now find an early stage one disease which is much more treatable. I have a 99% prospect of NOT needing a colostomy bag. Plus I’m avoiding pre-surgery radiation and chemotherapy.
It became “my little cancer”.
After I get past the surgery and recovery I should have many more years of seva and sanga.
The point of my story is that everyone reading this should have a colonoscopy by age 50. Please schedule one right away.
Apparently, my story will have a happy ending. But if you neglect yourself, don’t have the exam, and get colon cancer you will suffer and your service will be interrupted.
The colonoscopy is a simple, painless procedure. If it’s normal you’ve set a baseline and probably won’t need to be checked again from many years. It’s much easier to have a quick colonoscopy than to have expensive, exhausting surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy.
And if you catch it too late even the surgeons can’t help.
Please, get this simple test soon. If Krishna hadn’t arranged for me to get this job I wouldn’t have found it until it was too late. Don’t let that happen to you and your family.
Even if you don’t have insurance you should be able to find public assistance for these procedures. Or most doctors will consider adjusting their fees if you ask.
Thank you very much. Hare Krishna!
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!
Your servant, Vidyananda das New Raman Reti, Florida, USA
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...