World Holy Name Week
By Ekalavya Das
Dear Maharajas and Prabhus,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
Annual World Holy Name Day has blossomed into Annual World Holy Name Week.
This year, we are observing World Holy Name Week:
September 13 – 21, 2008.
This 9 period day features several exciting tithis. It starts from a Saturday (Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura – Appearance), and concludes on a Sunday – Srila Prabhupada’s arrival in the USA!
Srila Haridasa Thakura Disappearance Day, Sri Visvarupa Mahotsava and Acceptance of sannyasa by Srila Prabhupada also come within this time frame.
You can celebrate World Holy Name on as many days as you can!
* Massive street harinama sankirtans.
* Include some kind of rathcart in the street procession; distribute Srila Prabhupada’s books and prasadam.
* 24 hour kirtans in the temple or at homes.
* Special kirtan programs for gurukulis, youth, kids, vaisnavis, and the elderly.
* Interfaith dialogs with Harinam topic.
* Dramas with Harinam topic.
* Seminars and classes with Harinam topic.
Please send your World Holy Name Week reports to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry our web site is down. We are working on it and will let you know when it is back up.
Coming soon, updated WHN poster, and press release.
GBC Resolution D12 – Annual World Holy Name Week
PROPOSED BY: Lokanath Swami
SPONSORED BY (GBC member): Kavicandra Swami
DATE OF SUBMISSION: Nov. 28, 2007
PRESENTATION OF PROPOSAL:
Whereas, in 2007, the World Holy Name Day celebration was a successful program;
Whereas, some temples observed the World Holy Name celebration for more than one day;
Whereas, many temples celebrated on different days within a one-week time span;
PRESENTATION OF RESOLUTION:
Therefore it is resolved,
That the World Holy Name Day Resolution passed by the GBC in 2007 is modified to World Holy Name Week.
Centers are encouraged to celebrate for one day within the one-week time frame. If centers want to celebrate for more than one day, that is welcome.
World Holy Name Week is made an annual program for all ISKCON centers. Different countries or continents can modify the name to suit their needs.
The observance of World Holy Name Week is to be held in connection with Srila Prabhupada’s arrival in the USA (Sept. 17, 1965) to coincide with, and commemorate, his delivering the gift of the holy name to the world.
The Global Coordination Team for World Holy Name Day, Lokanath Swami, Janananda Goswami, and Ekalavya Das, shall continue to coordinate this now-expanded festival.
Why this proposal is important for the success of ISKCON?
The vision of ISKCON is to bring the holy name to every town and village and this program is helpful in fulfilling this vision.
What would be the implications of implementing this proposal?
Every year, there would be massive harinama sankirtan festivals held across the planet, generating a tremendous amount of media interest and coverage. Every year, devotees around the world would share their ideas on spreading and glorifying the holy name. There would be an increased focus in ISKCON on the chanting of the holy names.
Dasanudas, Ekalavya Das email@example.com
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Madhava Smullen Prabhupada envisioned New Vr...
- By Ravindra Svarupa DasaIn the Philadelphia air...
- By Giriraj SwamiIn 1974, almost exactly forty y...
- By Lalitanatha dasa To this day, almost fort...
- By Gunacuda Dasi In his purport to Srimad Bhaga...
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...