Even Without Seeking…
Robert Edwards: This below is a conversation between a mother and her autistic 6 year old son. It was taken from “Wrong Planet”, the autism/Asperger Syndrome networking website, as part of a discussion on autistic people’s views on re-incarnation.
My 6 year old son said something to me the other day about reincarnation that totally blew me away. Really left me scratching my head. He’s verbal, but not in the way of spontaneous conversation, so that’s why I found what he said to be even more odd. It went something like this:
Him: “when you die, you come back to be born again?”
Me: “I don’t really know. Maybe…”
Him: “Why Sid (our cat) decide to be a cat instead of a man when he came back?”
Me: “I’m not sure he had a choice. Do you think we have choices?”
Him: “Yes” Then he walked off.
I have no idea where that came from. We aren’t religious, and we don’t ever talk about the afterlife in front of him. Though, I used to be super obsessed with anything paranormal, psychic, and New Agey I don’t remember ever speaking about it in front of him.
I thought that one was definitely worth sharing :)
Your servant Rob
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Lalitanatha dasa To this day, almost fort...
- By Gunacuda Dasi In his purport to Srimad Bhaga...
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...