Want to Chant Better Rounds?
Dhruva Maharaja dasa:
Nowadays, many devotees are becoming inspired to chant better rounds by attending Japa Retreats in various parts of the world, and of course others focus on their daily sadhana with devoted attention to advance.
The science of chanting is based on three stages of chanting: nama-aparadha, nama-abhasa, and suddha-nama.
Although attending a Japa Retreat will, no doubt, inspire one to chant better, one must continue sincere practice day to day thereafter to elevate through these various stages.
Probably the most essential reference to assist us to improve the quality of our chanting is often overlooked as a source of direction: the Siksastaka Prayers composed by the Supreme Chanter, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.
In these Eight Beautiful Instructions, the Supreme Lord has included the essence of the entire Vedic science. How sublime!
To facilitate us, the common man, to better understand the esoteric meaning veiled within each sloka, two of the Lord’s eternal associates have written commentaries on these prayers and placed them in the same book; Bhaktivinoda Thakura and Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati.
This book, Sri Siksastaka, has a commentary entitled Sri Sanmodana Bhasyam by Bhaktivinoda Thakura, with supplementary comments by Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati, and is filled with so much information it’s practically impossible to outline. It’s the type of book we can refer to daily as we chant.
For those who may not have facility to get this book or read it, we’ve recorded the text and produced it as an audiobook. To download it to your computer, you can click here for further information: http://www.sadhusanga.com/featured-downloads
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...
- By Indian Media Nineteen ISKCON devotees were i...
- By Gaurangi Devi DasiThe Padayatra Ministry is ...
- By Vrndavana Vinodini Devi DasiHearing good new...
- By Ramlakshman Das 20 devotees registered for t...
- By Madhavananda Das Everyday, ISKCON devotees a...