Kazakhstan saga is nearing an unfavorable conclusion
By BB Govinda Swami
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
We have continued our efforts in Kazakhstan and it seems that the saga is nearing an unfavorable conclusion.
In 2001 the Kazakh government issued a decree that our temple building and barn were suitable for usage. This summer they annulled that decree.
Now they have called our members to court. The case will focus on the “demolition of illegal building and forced eviction from the property.”
As a final effort we have started a letter campaign to the President of Kazakhstan. We did this in the beginning of the crisis and we are still on the property four years later.
We are humbly requesting you to take a moment to fax this letter to two offices of the Kazakhstan government:
1. To the Kazakhstan Embassy in London.
2. To the Administration of the President of Kazakhstan, Mr. NA Nazarbayev
I was just in Warsaw at the OSCE meeting. Kazakhstan is presently under strong international criticism for their failure at democratic reform in light of their 2010 Chairmanship of OSCE. Our issue was consistently raised by the United States, the Holy See (Vatican), and numerous respected human rights organizations.
In the midst of international criticism there is a ray of hope that if protest reaches Kazakhstan at this moment the government may act differently in this issue.
Thank you very much for taking a moment to help and for the support you have all given us during this crisis.
BB Govinda Swami
SEND TEXT BELOW
October 12, 2008
Dear President Nazarbayev,
We would like to acknowledge your leadership of the great nation of Kazakhstan since independence. Your country has become a place of inter-ethnic peace and religious tolerance.
We find it troubling that in your nation the Krishna Religion has faced many difficulties.
Presently, the Karasai District Court of Almaty Province is initiating court procedures that will result in the demolition of the only Krishna Religion temple in the nation of Kazakhstan.
If this demolition takes place it will be a blemish on the face of your beautiful nation.
We are requesting Your Excellency to uphold the dignity of your nation by ordering the closure of the current legal procedures.
We also request that the various departments of your government will work fairly to establish an equitable resolve to this crisis.
We thank you for your consideration.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Lalitanatha dasa To this day, almost fort...
- By Gunacuda Dasi In his purport to Srimad Bhaga...
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...