Death and Redemption
Krpakara dasa (ACBSP):
My Dear Lord why do you cover your secrets with care
Why O why can we not share
In chapters resplendent with knowledge so deep
All designed to wake us from our sleep
Over the ages Your message has come
Why O why is it only for some
Time and time I’ve struggled to see
Shattered and beaten devoid of glee
Surrender surrender you cry at last
Will it be at my last gasp
Kindly remove your mayarish mask
This my Lord I humbly ask
Death and Redemption
Years and years have past and gone
family friends and society now I mourn
I held them close in my heart so dear
but now Im left with only fear
They did love me that Im sure
but now Im lost for evermore
As the darkness closes round my heart
O how I pray real life I did not start
Years and years of fruitless toil
now Im laid amongst the soil
Perhaps my Lord by your mercy may
in this world again I may not stay
Blessed O guru dear of God
Cometh this dark place with your rod
Lifetimes of journey
Spent in yearning
Birth sickness old age and mourning
Yet not leaning
Opened our eyes with eternal respite
Worshipful guru has made right
* Significant words;
1. Respite – cessation of distress, interval of relief. The word is prefaced by eternal for emphasis
2. rod – symbol of office, authority or power. Also rod is used for chastisement.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Mukundanghri dasa The South African Constitu...
- By Chaitanya Charan das It’s by English scienti...
- By Kesava Krsna Dasa The contentious discussion...
- By Praghosa das Last October the GBC body spent...
- By Nagaraja DasaControlling one’s mind is the p...
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...