Thank you from ISKCON Toronto
By Bharat Chandra Das
HH Bhakti Raghava Swami recently wrapped up a whirlwind tour of ISKCON Toronto conducting various seminars, classes and programs carrying his message of Global Varnasrama.
Maharaja began with a seminar on Thursday, October 2nd at the Hare Krsna temple about Introducing Global Varnasrama where he focused on sharing with attendees the basics of the varnasrama system.
That Saturday, Maharaja attended a home program along with HH Bhaktimarga Swami hosted by a local congregation member. The program was attended by the large local Punjabi community and they warmly embraced the rocking kirtan and the overall program was a wonderful success.
Maharaja then spoke at the weekly ISKCON Toronto Sunday Feast to a packed temple room about the importance of varnasrama. His discourse included a multimedia presentation showcasing some of the many communities around the world that are implementing the tenants of varnasrama.
During the following week, two university outreach programs also welcomed Bhakti Raghava Swami. At York University, Maharaja led an interactive session about kirtan and at the University of Toronto, Maharaja discussed the varnasrama-based solution to the current political system in a program entitled Politics and Spirituality.
Maharaja then conducted another seminar on Friday, October 10th about Educational Varnasrama. The seminar was attended by about 35 devotees and was met with very positive responses.
The exclamation mark to Maharaja’s visit was a wonderfully blissful home program at a local congregation members home where devotees assembled to celebrate the arrival of Their Lordships Sri Sri Gaura-Nitai and Sri Sri Krsna-Balarama in his home, joining Sri Sri Radha Madhana Mohana. Smiles were abound and kirtan reverberated through the walls and Bhakti Raghava Swami gave a wonderful class about the importance of mother cow and the holy dhamas of Vrndavana and Mayapura!
HH Bhakti Raghava Swami swept through ISKCON Toronto and shared his message of Global Varnasrama to many different audiences from newcomers, to university students to devotees. If you would like to learn more about any upcoming events, please keep an eye on the ISKCON Toronto Blog! Hare Krsna!
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...