Vanipedia invites everyone to participate
By Visnu Murti dasa
7 years to prepare – 12 years to perform
In 7 years, on the 4th of October 2015, there will be many festivities around the world celebrating a very important event. It will be the 50th anniversary of Srila Prabhupada first placing his lotus feet on western shores. And then for a period of 12 years there will be many more 50th anniversary festivities celebrating the glorious activities and great achievements of Srila Prabhupada throughout the globe. This will all culminate on the 2nd of November 2027 when the last 50th anniversary of Srila Prabhupada will be celebrated – him physically leaving this world.
Vanipedia takes these dates very seriously. Within the first 7 years we would like to complete the compiling in Vaniquotes, link the Vanisource, build the Vanictionary, populate the Vanimedia with Srila Prabhupada’s audio, video and photos, make the compendiums in Vanibooks, write all the introductory articles in Vanipedia, and create all the educational courses in Vaniversity.
Once we succeed to achieve all this then for the next 12 years of celebrations we will be free to actively serve with all the devotees to truly establish the culture of deep dependency on Srila Prabhupada’s “vani”, so that the second 50 years of the world-wide Krsna Consciousness Movement will be gloriously successful under Srila Prabhupada’s and Lord Krsna’s direct guidance.
Compiling in Vaniquotes – everyone can do it
There are different ways Srila Prabhupada has instructed the devotees to read his books; attentively, seriously, carefully, thoroughly, penetratingly, scrutinizingly and regularly. By studying Srila Prabhupada’s books in these ways we can properly understand them. Compiling in Vaniquotes offers everyone the opportunity to do this in an unparalleled way. By following the simple methodology of studying via themes and then compiling them one can easily penetrate into the deep significance of the meanings of each word, phrase, concept or personality that Srila Prabhupada is presenting. His teachings are without a doubt our life and soul, and when we study them thoroughly we can appreciate this even more.
Our simple philosophy behind compiling Srila Prabhupada’s teachings is:
· We accept that there has been no greater exponent of Vaisnava philosophy in modern times and no greater social critic who explains this contemporary world AS IT IS, than Srila Prabhupada.
· We accept that Srila Prabhupada is a pure devotee directly empowered by Lord Sri Krsna to engage living entities in loving devotional service to God and that this empowerment is proven in his unparalleled expose on the Absolute Truth found within his teachings.
· We accept that Srila Prabhupada wanted his teachings to be profusely distributed & properly understood. In his physical absence, Srila Prabhupada requires many Vaniservants to assist him in this mission.
· We accept that a thematic approach to Srila Prabhupada’s teachings greatly enhances the process of understanding the truths within them, and that there is immense value to explore, discover & thoroughly compile his teachings from every angle of vision.
Thus we are committed – to create a truly dynamic platform for facilitating the perfect knowledge and realization found within Srila Prabhupada’s teachings, to be profusely distributed, properly understood, and joyfully acted upon.
It is that simple – and the only thing separating us from the completion of Vanipedia is time and the many sacred hours of devotional service that is yet to be offered by the devotees who commit themselves to this vision.
There are many ways that you can be engaged in compiling – simple editing of pages, compiling of quotes, creating page titles & the research that goes with that, and developing different kinds of pages and categories that helps to link everything together.
Already with a little less than 50,000 quotes and 10,000 pages in Vaniquotes, the potency of this reservoir is becoming obvious. We believe that as the existing pages are filled in and new pages made, the presentation will become more profound. With just a couple of hours of training over Skype your compiling experience can begin.
Many of us have already experienced the blissful congregational chanting of the Holy Names together. Now here is our chance to experience the blissful congregational studying of Srila Prabhupada’s teachings together. There is an extra joy to be experienced by performing this service with so many other devotees.
Within a short period of time we have the possibility to create a unique reservoir of Srila Prabhupada’s teachings. A reservoir that will be the shelter to help everyone of us become more Krsna conscious and a reservoir that will help the continuity of the sankirtana movement & the establishment of varnasrama-dharma under Srila Prabhupada’s divine direction and inspiration way beyond the life span of this current generation.
This is really history in the making – serving together we create our future.
Please consider being part of it.
Training courses – qualifying ourselves (it’s easy)
· Basic compiling course – 2 to 3 hours of training over Skype combined with 10 to 15 hours of practical application and follow up by your Vanitutor.
· Advanced compiling course – 4 to 6 hours of training over Skype combined with 20 to 30 hours of practical application and follow up by your Vanitutor.
· Vanitutor course – 6 to 8 hours of training over Skype along with 30 to 40 hours of practical application and follow up by your vanitutor.
– all trainees for Vanitutoring courses have to first complete the basic and advanced compiling courses.
– the time spent on training in each course depends on the competency of each student.
If you want to compile or want more information on how to be involved in the other services to complete the Vanipedia, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our updated site www.Vanipedia.org We will be very happy to serve with you.