The Solution to the Puri Situation
B. V. Bhagavat Maharaja: First of all I offer my most humble obeisance unto the lotus feet of my Spiritual Master His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Srila Prabhupada. I then offer my obeisances unto all the Vaishnavas and Vasihnavis.
I have been reading the different expressions of outrage on this and other sites over the offensive behavior of the Puri Priests and Panda’s toward Srila Prabhupada. What I have not read is how the Priests will atone for their offensive behavior. I have seen on one other sites that these Priests have apologized for their behavior. I suppose in their minds this is an acceptable soloution. However, in my mind and heart it is not and I am sure that it is not satisfactory in the minds and hearts of any one else who is a disciple or follower of His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada. I would like to propose an atonement that I personally feel will be an appropriate resoloution to the problem to the satisfaction of all. Those priests who were responsible for the burning of the effigy should take a life size form of a Srila Prabhupada’s Murti into the Temple when the doors are closed (since one should not be carried into the temple on a palquin in front of the deities). He should then be placed him in a very close and startegic position giving him an excellent and unobstructed view of the Deities and then the doors should be open so He can take Darshan. He should be given a splendid garland from Lord Jagganath by the hands of the priests who committed the atrocity. Then he should be taken to a place to have a plate of all varieties of Jagganath Mahaprasad placed in front of Him. Then after half an hour that Maha Maha Prasad should be distributed by tha hands of those very priests to the disciples of Srila Prabhupada and the Priests who committed the act should bear the entire expense for it. The entire ritual should be performed under the guidance of Srila Prabhupada Disciples. The entire thing should be filmed and it should be broadcast world wide with the apology of the priests. Then I feel that myself and all other disciples and followers of Srila Prabhupada will feel the priests who have committed these acts will have properly atoned for it. This is my proposal what do all of you who are reading this feel about my proposal. I am also sending a copy of this to Gajapati Maharaja via his email address.
— Your Servant B. V. Bhagavat Maharaja
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...