Ramvijay das: Dear Maharajas, Prabhujis and Matajis
Hare Krsna. Please accept our humble obesiances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
With the mercy of the Vaishnava Acharyasâ€™, we the members of the Bhaktivedanta Institute, Kolkata are organizing a studentsâ€™ conference on Science and Spirituality. With this email I wish to brief you about the conference and request your blessings for the success of the conference.
The 4th All India Students’ Conference on Science and Spiritual Quest is scheduled this year from 27 to 29 December 2008 at National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli. The conference is jointly organized by Bhaktivedanta Institute, Kolkata and NIT Tiruchirapalli. One of the major objectives of the conference is to bring forward academic and research perspectives on the ever growing fields of science-spirituality interface. Kindly visit our conference website http://www.binstitute.org/aissq for further details.
The conference visionary is none other than His Holiness Bhaktisvarupa Damodara Swami Sripada (popularly known as Srila Sripada Maharaja in ISKCON and Dr. T. D. Singh in academic circles), a pioneer in the synthesis of science and spirituality. The organization of the conference is according to the legacy and vision of Srila Prabhupada and Srila Sripada through the mission of Bhaktivedanta Institute, Kolkata. The last year’s conference was organized along with TTD, Tirupati and has received applause from audience, media and the Indian academic community.
In continuation with the inherent ability to foster academic and research emphasis on all major areas of science and spirituality, the conference attempts to identify competent platforms for driving synergy between science and spirituality and promote harmony amongst the society through the synthesis of science and spirituality.
Almost all areas of science and spirituality would be covered during the conference, which are synopsized as follows:
Scientific and Spiritual Paths to the Ultimate Reality; Mathematics and the Ultimate Reality; Scientific Exploration for the God; Machines, Mind and Consciousness; Artificial Intelligence, Neuroscience and Beyond; Biotechnology: Scientific and Spiritual Perspectives; Mathematical Perspectives to Life and its Origin; Cosmology of Life and the Universe; Space and Time Dimensions; Spirituality and Health; Science, Ethics and Spirituality; Spirituality, Ecology and Economics; Vedanta and Science; Role of Science in Inter-faith Dialogue; Role of Spirituality to Imbibe Values in Education
The anticipated outcomes of the conference are as follows:
a) To fulfill the legacy of Srila Prabhupada, through the mission of Bhaktivedanta Institute. b) Motivate academic circles to accept spirituality as a genuine case to establish peace and ethics in the society. c) Encourage students as well as professionals to embrace the sankirtana mission through the medium of science. d) Visualize the science of spirituality and the spirituality of science. e) To envision the common principles of different major religions of the world (Vedanta, Christianity and Islam)
Some of the devotee speakers who have confirmed to deliver talks are as follows:
1. His Holiness Subhag Maharaja, a disciple of Srila Prabhupada.
2. His Grace Visuddha Sattva Das (Prof. Carlos Rocha), Trustee member, Bhaktivedanta Institute
3. His Grace Drutakarma Prabhu (Dr. Michel A. Cremo) who has authored a book on forbidden archaeology
4. His Grace Mukunda Madhava Das (Dr. T. T. Malai), Vice-President, ISKCON Juhu, Mumbai.
5. His Grace Isvara Krsna Das (Tasi IstvĂˇn), Vedic Science Research Centre, Hungary
6. His Grace Suvrata Das (Prof. Subash Chandra Mishra), IIT Guwahati
7. His Grace Sitanath Das (Prof. Sudipto Ghosh), IIT Kharagpur
8. His Grace Atmaram Das (Dr. Hector Rosario), University of Puerto Rico
9. His Grace Priyatam Das (Prof. P. K. Singh), Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
10. Myself Ramvijay das, (Dr. Ramgopal Uppaluri), IIT Guwahati)
11. His Grace Paramakaruna Das (Mr. B. Prabhakar), Agere Systems, Bangalore
12. His Grace Vrajapati Das (Mr. K. Vasudeva Rao), President Bhaktivedanta Institute, Kolkata
13. His Grace Dharmaraj Das (Dr. Debasish Khan), Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
14. His Grace Rangeshwar Das (Mr. Ramjee Repaka), National Institute of Technology, Rourkela.
Other dignitaries who have agreed to be speakers for the conference are:
1. Prof. J. N. Srivastava , Emeritus Professor, Colorado State University, USA
2. Prof. Amit Goswami, Emeritus Professor, University of Oregon, USA
3. Prof. M. Chidambaram, Director, NIT Tiruchirapalli
4. Prof. A. B. Samaddar, Director, MNNIT Allahabad
5. Dr. T. Hanuman Chowdhary, Director, CTMS, Andhra Pradesh
6. Dr. B. M. Hedge, Retired Vice-Chancellor, Manipal University
7. Prof. P. B. Sharma, Vice-Chancellor, RGT University, Bhopal
8. Prof. J. C. Misra, IIT Kharagpur
9. Prof. Bijoy Baruah, IIT Kanpur
10. Prof. Narasimhan, IIT Bombay
11. Prof. A. K. Mukhopadhyay, AIIMS, New Delhi
12. Prof. Ramnath Narayanaswamy, IIM Bangalore
13. Shri N. Gopalakrishnan, Director, Indian Institute of Scientific Heritage, Trivandrum
14. Dr. Rama Jayasundara, AIIMS, New Delhi
15. Dr. V. Gopalakrishnan, Visiting Faculty, NIT Trichy
16. Mr. Ayush Goyal, Oxford University, U. K.
17. Prof. K. Smiles Mascrenhas, Coimbatore Institute of Engineering & Information Technology, Coimbatore.
18. Shri S. M. Amanullah, General Manager (Engg), Engineers India Limited, Delhi
Kindly bestow your mercy on us so that we can execute the mission of Srila Sripada to his satisfaction and thereby please him, Srila Prabhupada and all the Vaishnava Acharays.
We also have an appeal: The conference is executed entirely on the basis of the voluntary donations received from various donors. We request you to donate some amount towards the organization of the conference. Donation of any amount from any individual is welcome.
Please feel free to contact me (email@example.com) for further details.
Yours servant Ramvijay das Secretary â€“ AISSQ2008
(Dr. Ramgopal Uppaluri) Associate Professor, IIT Guwahati