Ananda Swarupa passed away
Nandanandana das: Ratha-yatra in Guadalajara City, Mexico, was just celebrated last November 15 and 16, what it made it different from previous festivals was the absence of Ananda Swarupa prabhu, a disciple of Srila Prabhupada, who for the past 31 years played the roll of King Patraparudra in each and every Ratha-yatra in Guadalajara, and for the past 5 years in the Ratha-yatra festivals at Mexico City. He would be dressed in an opulent costume for the occasion and would be sweeping with an elaborately decorated broom in front of Lord Jagannatha´s cart. Any devotee could participate in this activity of sweeping in front of the parade for Lord Jagannatha, Lady Subhadra and Lord Baladeva, for Their Lordships pleasure and for one´s own purification.
Ananda Swarupa prabhu left his body on the 30th of September, due to a heart failure.
The Ratha-yatra Festival is celebrated twice in Mexico: in May at Mexico City and during November at Guadalajara. For further information you can contact at this e-mail address: comité_mandira@hotmail.com
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Giriraj SwamiSaturday night we performed har...
- By Nitya-priya Devi DasiSrila Prabhupada envisi...
- By E. BondarThe way we answer this question wil...
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...