Patatriraja Prabhu ACBSP Passes Away
Madhavananda ACBSP Boston 1970: Patatriraja Prabhu, Srila Prabhupada’s disciple, initiated in 1975, has passed away after a battle with his health.
He was always engaged in chanting the Holy Names of Sri Krishna, helping one and all, and seeking out the highest Vaishnava association he could find. He was always listening to kirtans and bhajans, and preaching to everyone about the glories of Lord Chaitanya, and simple living and high thinking, as his Srila Prabhupada had preached. He loved to hear about Srila Prabhupada’s, Lord Chaitanya’s, and Sri Krishna’s pastimes. He would brighten into ecstasy whenever hearing about Sri Brajendranandana Shyamasundara.
His mother, who also became a staunch devotee of Sri Krishna, tells that when 17 yr old ‘Phillip’ wanted to leave home to join Prabhpada’s movement, his father offered him a car and many other bribes but couldn’t sway his son’s unwavering attraction to Srila Prabhupada and his mission.
His friendly and compassionate nature endeared him to everyone; devotees and non-devotees alike.
Amazingly, he was usually concerned with the well-being of others more than his own well-being. Always humble and unassuming, he was really a gentle giant of a devotee.
His great association is dearly missed by many people.
Patariraja Prabhu is survived by his mother, Malini Devi dasi, his daughter Chaitanya Shakti Devi dasi, and his brother Michael.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...
- By Indian Media Nineteen ISKCON devotees were i...
- By Gaurangi Devi DasiThe Padayatra Ministry is ...