HH Gaura Govind Swami Tirobhava Festival
On Feb. 14, 2009 devotees of Sri Mayapur Dhama observered the special celebration of HH Gaura Govind Swami Maharaja’s disappearence day festival. Throughout the day bajans were sung, and glorification of Maharaja was offered by senior devotees including HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja, HH Candramauli Swami Maharaja, HH Bhakti Purusottama Swami Maharaja and HG Yadunandan Prabhu.
In the evening there was a gathering at the new Mayapur community hall which featured a lecture by HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja entitled, “Guru and Disciple Relationships”. In his talk, Maharaja stressed the importance of the disciple “accepting the mission of the guru as his life and soul”.
In HH Bhakti Purusottama Swami Maharaja’s offering, he shared with us how Gaura Govind Swami Maharaja was instrumental in his coming to Krishna consciousness:
“As a young student, completely new to Krishna consciousness, I invited Gaura Govind Maharaja to my home, which was very close to the Jagannatha Mandir in Puri. I offered him some water and tried to make him comfortable.”
“When I invited my mother to come to see this great saint, she was suprised, because they both recognized each other. My father had been the teacher in a classroom, and Gaura Govind Mahraraja had been his student when he was a young man.”
“Later, Maharaja encouraged me to travel to Mayapur, and also facilitated my journey there.”
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vyasmuni DasToday on 25th October 2014 at 5:...
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...