P.L. Sethi left his body
Brajahari Dasa Temple President, ISKCON, Juhu: Dear Devotees, Please accept our most humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
It is with great regret that we announce the departure of His Grace P. L. Sethi, at 11.02 pm. in Mumbai, India, on Monday 16th, February. Sethiji was 88 years old. He was a building contractor and was one of the first devotees in Mumbai who came forward to assist Srila Prabhupada in his mission to acquire and build the temple in Juhu. Sethiji met Srila Prabhupada in 1971 at Akash Ganga and realized that he had met a great personality.
He became a life-member and a staunch and loyal servant of Srila Prabhupada. When the municipality and the opposite party were trying to destroy Srila Prabhupada’s attempts to build a temple for Sri Sri Radha Rasabihari, Sethiji stood as a main soldier to protect the construction of the temple and the devotees. Later on when the battle to acquire the property was over, Srila Prabhupada requested Sethiji to build some rooms for the devotees. Srila Prabhupada told him: “Just as you are building rooms for the devotees, Krishna is building rooms for you in Goloka dhama.” Whenever Sethiji spoke about Srila Prabhupada, he shed tears of love for him.
He continued to engage all his assets and his family members in Srila Prabhupada’s mission throughout his life. Sethiji’s greatest joy was to invite the devotees to his house and serve them. During his last days, Sethiji uttered only the words: “Radha Krishna!” “Srila Prabhupada!” All other communication had stopped. His last words to his family were Srila Prabhupada had told him: “In a few days his room in Goloka Dhama will be ready.” Finally when it became evident that Sethiji was reaching the end of his stay in this material world, the devotees of Sri Sri Radha Rasabihariji temple assembled in his house and performed twenty-four hour sankirtana. It was in the presence of all the devotees, singing sweet kirtana that Sethiji peacefully left this world, having completed all his duties.
your humble servant, Brajahari Dasa Temple President, ISKCON, Juhu
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...