Passing away of Rucirangada Dasi
Dravida dasa: Early on the morning of Monday, February 23, Rucirangada Dasi succumbed after a long battle with cancer and passed away peacefully at her brother’s home in San Diego. Devotees had been visiting her for weeks, filling her room with transcendental images and sounds and expressing their love and affection. A disciple of His Holiness Mukunda Goswami, she was known for her open and friendly demeanor to all, devotees and nondevotees alike. For several years beginning in 2000 or so she lived in the Pacific Beach temple and displayed great enthusiasm and skill in arranging the flower vases for the altar and Srila Prabhupada’s vyasasana. Having made good friends with the flower-seller, she was able to procure a greater quantity and quality of flowers than would have been otherwise possible on the tight temple flower budget. She was also very enthusiastic on sankirtan. The photo is of her at her initiation, circa 1999.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...