Passing away of Rucirangada Dasi
Dravida dasa: Early on the morning of Monday, February 23, Rucirangada Dasi succumbed after a long battle with cancer and passed away peacefully at her brother’s home in San Diego. Devotees had been visiting her for weeks, filling her room with transcendental images and sounds and expressing their love and affection. A disciple of His Holiness Mukunda Goswami, she was known for her open and friendly demeanor to all, devotees and nondevotees alike. For several years beginning in 2000 or so she lived in the Pacific Beach temple and displayed great enthusiasm and skill in arranging the flower vases for the altar and Srila Prabhupada’s vyasasana. Having made good friends with the flower-seller, she was able to procure a greater quantity and quality of flowers than would have been otherwise possible on the tight temple flower budget. She was also very enthusiastic on sankirtan. The photo is of her at her initiation, circa 1999.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...
- By Niranjana Swami My name is Omvati Devi Dasi,...
- By Harideva Dasa “So at the time of death… Of c...
- By Iskcon NairobiThe University Program in Nair...
- By Vaishnavangri Sevaka Das "Oh! Fiftieth ISKCO...