Advertisement for cook at Bhaktivedanta Manor
Service Opportunity (closing date 8th March 2019)
At: Bhaktivedanta Manor, Hilfield Lane, Aldenham, Watford WD24 8EZ
Job title: Cook
Summary of duties:
* Daily cooking for 500 – 600 people (deities, priests, residents, visitors and catering
* Sunday – cooking for 1000 visitors
* Cooking style – traditional Indian dishes per ISKCON standards
* Daily attend the early morning programme – maintain a strict sadhana –(16 rounds, 4
* Cook for annual festivals – 10 festivals catering from 3000 to 15000 people
* Following Food Hygiene Safety standards as required by law.
* Work cooperatively with all the kitchen team members.
* Initiated Brahmin
* Chanting sixteen rounds of the Hare Krishna mantra as part of your initiation vows
* Following the 4 regulative principles
* The candidate must be experienced in cooking big quantities (1000+).
* Should have expert knowledge of Indian dishes (no certificates/courses but evident through
* He/she must have cooked in ISKCON kitchens for at least 5 years.
* Should be able to work under pressure
* F&S Level 2 training and certification given
Hours – 35 hours per week
Remuneration: £22,700.60 – breakdown: £14,250.60 (annual salary), £8,450 (full lodge and
boarding, 3 meals a day)
Contact: Brijlata Naysmith