Hollywood Walk of Fame – a legacy continues
But even this week’s happy news was bittersweet, since ex-Beatle George Harrison was not around to see the famous well-wishers in attendance at the unveiling of his posthumous star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame on Tuesday. Planted directly in front of the Capitol Records tower–home of the Beatles and Harrison’s American record label–the star was surrounded by an impressive array of well-wishers, including fellow ex-Beatle Paul McCartney, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Joe Walsh, T-Bone Burnett, actor Tom Hanks, and Monty Python’s Eric Idle. Both Idle and Hanks delivered some heartwarming testimonials to Harrison’s importance as a friend, musician, and human being, and the massive crowd gathered for the event whooped in appreciation as the smell of incense wafted throughout the area.
“He was a beautiful, mystical man living in a material world,” said Harrison’s widow, Olivia, with their son Dhani by her side. The latter–whose resemblance to his father borders on the eerie–uttered the sole words “Hare Krishna” into the microphone and thus said his piece.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Lalitanatha dasa To this day, almost fort...
- By Gunacuda Dasi In his purport to Srimad Bhaga...
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...
- By Vijaya DasaWSN October 2014 - World Sankirta...
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...