Food For Life Ecuador feeds 60 seniors with terminal diseases.
Ekalaksmi devi dasi:
27th of March, 2009
“The House of the Dying Man” was the place in which FFL distributed 80 rations of non-violent food; a nutritious mixture of rice, chickpeas and vegetables together with a herbal tea. For the FFL team of eight volunteers, the working day started at 8:00 am and by 11:30 all the preparations were ready.
This week, the place we visited is located in the north of the city of Guayaquil around 30 minutes from our centre. Due to the poor condition of our vehicle we could not go to other places that we generally visit since the roads, during the rainy season, are in a very bad condition.
This centre is a Nursing Home that with its numerous assistants cares for 60 elderly people with terminal diseases. The residents –and the staff- enjoyed the preparations served by our volunteers were perfect for their diet requirements: light and nutritious. Most of the residents needed assistance in feeding, and some of our volunteers took the opportunity to personally feed them with our sanctified food. The program ended successfully and most of the elders showed us their gratitude with heartfelt smiles.
Once the rainy season is over, we look forward to continue visiting other isolated and remote areas of Guayaquil where our assistance is greatly appreciated.
For more information and to donate for this program, please contact Divya Priya d.d. email@example.com
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...