Food For Life Ecuador feeds 60 seniors with terminal diseases.
Ekalaksmi devi dasi:
27th of March, 2009
“The House of the Dying Man” was the place in which FFL distributed 80 rations of non-violent food; a nutritious mixture of rice, chickpeas and vegetables together with a herbal tea. For the FFL team of eight volunteers, the working day started at 8:00 am and by 11:30 all the preparations were ready.
This week, the place we visited is located in the north of the city of Guayaquil around 30 minutes from our centre. Due to the poor condition of our vehicle we could not go to other places that we generally visit since the roads, during the rainy season, are in a very bad condition.
This centre is a Nursing Home that with its numerous assistants cares for 60 elderly people with terminal diseases. The residents –and the staff- enjoyed the preparations served by our volunteers were perfect for their diet requirements: light and nutritious. Most of the residents needed assistance in feeding, and some of our volunteers took the opportunity to personally feed them with our sanctified food. The program ended successfully and most of the elders showed us their gratitude with heartfelt smiles.
Once the rainy season is over, we look forward to continue visiting other isolated and remote areas of Guayaquil where our assistance is greatly appreciated.
For more information and to donate for this program, please contact Divya Priya d.d. email@example.com
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...