World Holy Name Week 2009: Sept 2nd – 11th
Ekalavya das: Dear Maharajas and Prabhus,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
World Holy Name Week 2009 is scheduled for Sept 2nd – 11th.
If you have any issues with these dates, please hold your World Holy Name Week at an appropriate time for you as close to the above dates as possible.
Posters and press release will soon be available for download.
We are planning to incorporate a theme:
Lord Caitanya’s 500th anniversary of Sannyasa.
We can make this the theme for delivering the Holy Name to the rest of the world. Mahaprabhu’s leaving of comforts to give welfare to the entire world, just as Srila Prabhupada did also.
Special events during the week include:
Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura — Appearance Ananta Caturdasi Vrata Srila Haridasa Thakura — Disappearance Sri Visvarupa Mahotsava Acceptance of sannyasa by Srila Prabhupada Srila Prabhupada’s arrival in the USA
Some places can celebrate everyday, some can celebrate on these special days within the period, per the date and location.
During the week all different kinds of glorification of the chanting of Hare Krishna could be explored including, but not limited to;
Dancing in the streets, sitting in the park, 24hr chanting in the temple, inviting other faiths to come and participate, etc…).
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vyasmuni DasToday on 25th October 2014 at 5:...
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...