BBT Art Seminar announcement – Video
By Pancharatna das
The BBT will be holding their third annual art seminar in Vrindavana, India, from October 20 to November 9, 2009. At last year’s seminar, taught by veteran ISKCON artists Dhriti Dasi and Ram Dasa Abhirama Dasa, sixteen international students learned practical techniques as well as the mood essential in producing devotional art.
This year, the course is once again free for the fifteen most-qualified applicants, who will learn BBT Art Department procedures, how to approach painting spiritual subjects, and of course, new techniques. It’s also a unique chance to learn from artists trained in the standards Srila Prabhupada taught, and to paint Krishna in His holy birthplace.
“We’d like prospective students to submit a portfolio of art work they have done,” says teacher Dhriti Dasi. “Also, write us something about how you see your career in devotional art, a paragraph about yourself and your devotional interests, and a short paragraph explaining why you should be chosen for the seminar.”
Applications should be submitted as soon as possible but no later than August 31, 2009. Students chosen for the seminar will be contacted within two weeks of submitting their apploication. For email addresses and online registration, visit: www.friendsofthebbt.org/artseminar
To view a video on the 2007 seminar visit: http://blip.tv/file/1238476
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...
- By Muralidhara-priya Das 2016 marks the Fiftiet...
- By Mukundamala Dasa One morning when going thro...
- By His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami P...
- By Len Cohen"Merciful music and Krishna’s trans...