Avakayam – Vrindavan
Jagannath Poddar: PRESS RELEASE
A training workshop to recycle the flowers and garlands has been organized at the office campus of Friends of Vrindavan. Dr. Madhumita Puri and her colleagues from Delhi came to train the members of the VB Co-operative Society who have been engaged in the waste management of the pilgrimage town of Vrindavan. The flowers and garland which are offered in the temple used to be thrown in the river Yamuna. Friends of Vrindavan took the initiative to stop the dumping of the ritual waste in the Yamuna under its programme Vrindavan Kuda Prabandhan Pariyojna with the support received from the UNDP GEF Small Grants Programme. The floral waste are being directly collected from the temples and is being recycled to produce the organic manure. Dr. Madhumita Puri suggested more sensible way to recycle the floral waste into gulal, rangoli and organic dye. She said that the rotten flowers can be used in making the compost. In first phase of the training the flower segregation, cutting and drying was done, whereas the training to make the final product will be conducted after a fortnight. This programme has been named as ‘Avakayam – Vrindavan’ by Dr. Madhumita Puri, which means the collection of flowers in sanskrit.
Friends of Vrindavan
Chhota Munger Mandir Nursery
Swami Vivekananda Marg, Mathura Road,
Post – Vrindavan, Dist – Mathura (U.P.)
Phone: 0565 2442771/ 09412279139
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Govardhana Seva dasaJue is scheduled to rece...
- By Mandakini devi dasi In 1981, Venu teamed up ...
- By Mijal ZagierThesis for the 6 week documentar...
- By Giriraj SwamiSaturday night we performed har...
- By Nitya-priya Devi DasiSrila Prabhupada envisi...
- By E. BondarThe way we answer this question wil...
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...