Jagabandhu das: Just saw this article this AM on the Gainesville Sun. From the mainstream media at AP. Survival apprehensions in America have now clearly surpassed the tin-foil hat paranoid alarmist phase. You can feel that things are headed in a very serious direction as exponential decay rapidly accelerates. I’ll be headed out to Lowe’s this morning for more vegetable plants, pots and soil mix for our garden. For those who don’t have acreage to “farm,” There’s alot of good info. out there about “patio” gardening. Because we live in the forest, that’s what we’ll be doing so we can easily move the plants to where the Sun shines through.
In spite of all this and the shape of things: I know there’s only so much we can do. So even still I don’t live my life in fear. One day this rotting carcass must eventually expire and thereby fail the soul as a temporal conveyance. I feel that I learned how to be fearless from Srila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. And from Krishna’s own words in the Second Chapter of Bhagavad-gita As It Is. Which is sort of where I’m stuck ideologically speaking as I try to learn how to avoid lamenting for either the living or the “dead.” Because the eternal soul cannot be harmed by mundane occurrences however seemingly severe. Along with trying to learn how how to tolerate/endure the ephemeral sensations of mundane happiness and distress. I suppose this indicates that I’m just a rank beginner. Because I’m left to wonder what more can anyone do beyond becoming individually fearless and existentially self-reliant due to their own awakening awareness of innate eternal spirituality? Same as it ever was.
Link to the article:
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...