Don’t take any other shelter than Me!
Why did Krishna hold up Govardhana Hill for seven days?
Why not five or four days? By holding Giriräja for seven days He gave a specific message to all devotees.
He wanted to say, “Don’t take any other shelter than Me”.
1) Don’t take shelter in the demigods,
2) don’t take shelter in the conventional teachers,
3) don’t take shelter in the government
4) don’t take shelter in your forefathers,
5) don’t take shelter in your wealth,
6) don’t take shelter in your own intelligence and
7) don’t take shelter in your own strength.
Take shelter in Me!”
I think this is a very important message for our personal
lives. Of course, we must use our knowledge and the
other things that Kåñëa has given to us. However, we must
use them in a way that we remain subordinate to Kåñëa,
dependent on Krishna, calling out to Krishna for help and
remaining conscious of Krishna’s place in our life during our practical dealings. Krishna will for sure respond to such a sincere devotee.
From a lecture by Sacinandana Swami in Berlin,
Germany, Oct. 31, 2016