Gita Changes Online Soon
By the BBT
Would you like to see all of the changes made to the purports of Srila Prabhupada’s 1972 Bhagavad-gita As It Is? The BBT will soon be putting them all online.
When the revisions for the second edition were made, they were made directly on a copy of the first edition of Bhagavad-Gita As It Is. After the second edition was published, this original copy was somehow misplaced.
About three years ago, Dravida Dasa found it in a trunk in San Diego. More recently, that copy has been digitized, and this is the copy that will soon be online.
In this copy, you’ll be able to see all the changes made to the purports and the word-for-word meanings (The translations were done separately, not in the book itself).
Jayadvaita Swami has added annotations, sometimes briefly explaining the reasons for what he did but mainly giving the text of the original manuscripts.
Matsya Avatara Dasa, from Gopiparanadhana Prabhu’s Sanskrit school in Govardhana, has added comments to explain some of the changes made to the word-for-word meanings.
The book will be published online in installments, chapter by chapter, as PDF files. (Adding the notes takes time, so publishing the chapters in installments means you’ll get to see the first chapters sooner.)
The chapters should start appearing within a week or so. The BBT will broadcast the site details as soon as the first installment goes online.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...