Srila Prabhupada Offering from WHNW
By Ekalavya Das
Dear Srila Prabhupada,
Please accept my most humble obeisances on your most auspicious appearance day. All glories to your divine grace.
I am writing this offering on behalf of our team that is organizing your global program: World Holy Name Week.
This year our team has more than doubled in size due to the sincere efforts of your dear disciples, H. H. Lokanath Swami and H. H. Janananda Goswami. In addition to our team of Global Coordinators, including new member Ram Prasad Prabhu, we have begun recruiting continental coordinators. Our continental infrastructure now includes USA, Canada, and India with contacts in Europe, South America, New Zealand, Austrailia, and more.
We have a three point initiative this year:
o Internet Sankirtan Party (Devotees around the world linked together for internet kirtan) o Japathon (Devotees pledge to chant a fixed number of rounds of japa during the week.) o 50th Anniversary of Sannyasa Harinama (Massive Harinama Sankirtan in honor of your 50th Anniversary of Sannyasa.)
We have put up a website, by the hard work of my aunt (Mousie). She is terminally ill with cancer but is so inspired by you that she has rendered this invaluable service. And she has also pledged to chant two rounds per day during the Japathon. The website is now being translated into Russian.
Another interesting aspect of this program is that we are seeking to promote this program as a unified effort of all ISKCON gurus joining hands to encourage their disciples to please you with this program.
You have written in your poem Markine Bhagavat Dharma:
bhakti nai beda nai name khub daro bhaktivedanta nam ebe sarthak kor
I have no devotion, nor do I have any knowledge, but I have strong faith in the holy name of Krishna. I have been designated as Bhaktivedanta, and now, if You like, You can fulfill the real purport of Bhaktivedanta.
Please endow us also with your strong faith in the holy names of Krishna.
Please shower your blessings upon this program.
Your servants of the holy names,
The World Holy Name Week Global Co-ordination team:
H. H. Lokanath Swami H. H. Jananada Goswami H. G. Ram Prasad Das H. G. Ekalavya Das
– World Holy Name Week 2009 –
Sept. 2 – 11, 2009
“Celebrating Srila Prabhupada’s Sannyasa 50th Anniversary.”
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...