Srila Prabhupada’s Arrival Festival
Daru Krishna das: It was at Boston’s Commonwealth Pier where Srila Prabhupada first set foot in the Western world and where he wrote “Markine Bhagavata Dharma” (Teaching Krsna Consciousness in America). A poem where he prays to Lord Krsna for the deliverance of the American people. “I wish that you may deliver them. Therefore, if You so desire their deliverance, only then will they be able to understand Your message.” Commonwealth Pier is where it all starts, this is where Srila Prabhupada asks Lord Krsna for the ability to spread the Krsna Consciouness Movement. This is a place of pilgrimage all ISKCON devotees should visit at least once in their life.
Srila Prabhupada stepped ashore on September 17, 1965. After a thirty-five-day sea journey on board the cargo ship, Jaladuta, from Calcutta, India. His mission was to fulfil the order of his spiritual master, to preach Krsna Consciousness in the West.
Srila Prabhupada has given us this amazing gift, the opportunity to learn about Lord Krsna and the chanting his Holy names. Please help us honour and celebrate this momentous event. Help us celebrate his sacrifice for us and our heartfelt gratitude for the love and compassion he has for us.
We invite you to come and celebrate Srila Prabhupada’s arrival festival, Sept 18 –20, 2009. The festival highlight is a yacht cruise of Boston Harbour with Srila Prabhupada and visiting Commonwealth Pier.
Interested in attending, helping or sponsoring please contact us at http://iskconboston.org/content/view/237/
Hare Krishna Temple
ISKCON of New England (Boston)
72 Commonwealth Ave. Boston, MA 02116
Ph: 617-247-8611 Mobile: 617-909-5181
Web: IskconBoston.Org – ‘Contact Us’ link
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...