Philadelphia Ratha Yatra & Festival of India 2009
Ramacharan Dasa: WEB: WWW.PHILLYRATHAYATRA.COM
Date: September 12th, 2009 (11 AM – 7 PM)
Ratha Yatra Location: Love Park, Philadelphia PA
Festival of India Location: Philadelphia Museum of Art, 2600 Ben Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia, PA 19130
* FREE VEGAN & VEGETARIAN FEAST
* Devotional Bhajans & Kirtan by HG Badahari Prabhu
* Yoga of Comedy by HG Yadunatha Prabhu
* Indian Classical Bharatnatyam Dance by Gopika and Anjali
* Indian Classical Odissi Dance by Shibani Patnaik
* Multi-Media Presentation – Movie – Changing Bodies / Journey of the Soul
* Spiritual music for Children by Kaleidescope
* Workshops in the workshop tents
* Mantra meditation & Kirtan Yoga
* Improvisational comedy
* Interactional Bhagavad Gita
* Inspirational Spiritual Discourse By HG Ravindra Svarupa Maharaj
The Parade of Chariots will begin at 12 noon near Love Park in Center City Philadelphia at 16th and Ben Franklin Parkway. It will proceed from there down the Ben Franklin Parkway to Eakin’s Oval in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Arts where the Festival of India will be held. Included in the parade will be a Large Garbha dance Ensemble, lila characters in costume, kirtan chanters and dancers, loving devotees pulling the huge chariot of Lord Jagannatha, Baladeva, Lady Subhadra and Srila Prabhupada.
The Festival of India will begin at 1 PM at Eakin’s Oval in front of the Philadelphia Art Museum. It will include a free vegan and vegetarian feast, devotional and contemporary musical performances, Indian classical dance performances, drama, booths recounting the philosophy of reincarnation, Bhagavad-Gita, Yoga, the Hare Krishna
Movement, Indian clothing, Sumptuous Vegetarian Cuisine, cultural gifts, Children’s activities, and overall family fun. It will last until 7:00 pm.
Please join us for this event and become part of the huge procession accompanying the chariots providing music,
tumultuous playing of drums, dancing and transcendental activities.
41 W Allens Lane, Philadelphia PA 19119,
Phone- 215 247 4825 / 215 247 4601
Your humble Servant
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhajahari dasEarlier in the day there was a ...
- By Navasi DasiAs devotees, we talk a lot about ...
- By Krsangi Radhe dasi The exciting new features...
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...