BBT Books: Closer to Srila Prabhupada
By Pancharatna das
BBTedit.com puts annotated Gita scans online
The BBT has launched a new website, BBTedit.com, full of information about the editing of Srila Prabhupada’s books.
Among the features:
· More than 80 video clips: BBT editors and other senior devotees offer facts and perspectives on editorial history, myths, and controversies.
· A collection of Srila Prabhupada’s instructions about editing.
· First time ever: Annotated scans of Jayadvaita Swami’s copy of the 1972 Gita showing his editing for the second edition.
The scans show practically all the revisions and restorations done for the word-for-word meanings and purports. (The translations were revised separately.) The annotations let you see what the original manuscripts said and tell the reasons for changes made.
“The purpose of the annotations,” Jayadvaita Swami says, “is not to argue for anything but simply to make clear what was done and why.”
The scanned Preface and Introduction for the Gita are already online now. (Included: Nearly forty audio clips of Srila Prabhupada speaking for the Introduction.) The eighteen chapters will follow, one by one.
It’s all here: www.bbtedit.com .
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...