The 108 Names of Radharani
Submitted by Payonidhi das
by Srila Raghunatha Dasa Goswami
aviksatmesvari kascid vrndavana-mahesvarim
tat padamboja-matraika gati dasyati katara
patita tat-saras tire ruda tyartha-ravakulam
tac chri-vaktreksanavaptyai namanyetani sanjagau
Some maidservant, unable to find her Mistress, has fallen on the bank of Radhakunda, crying in great anxiety, being very eager to take exclusive shelter of Her Lotus Feet, glorifying Her by singing the following names of Her Mistress:
radha gandharvika gosthayuva-rajaika-kamita
gandharva radhika candrakantir madhava-sangini
1. Radha, 2. Gandharvika, 3. The only girl desired by the prince of Vraja, 4. Who is worshipped by the Gandharva-angels, 5. Whose luster is like the moon, 6. Who accompanies Madhava.
mukunda dayita-vrnda dhammilla mani-manjari
7. Damodar’s unrivalled girlfriend, 8. The queen who bestows fame on the Kartika month, 9. The crestjewel of Mukunda’s ladyfriends.
bhaskaropasika varsabhanavi vrsabhanuja
ananga manjari jyestha sridama varajottama
10. Who worships the sun, 11. Who belongs to King Vrsabhanu, 12. Who is born from King Vrsabhanu, 13. Ananga Manjari’s older sister, 14. Sridama’s younger sister, 15. The greatest
visakha-savayah prestha visakha jivitadhika
16. Kirtida’s daughter, 17. Who is the nectarean object of Her mother’s affection, 18. Who is of the same age as Visakha, 19. Who is dearer than life to Visakha.
pranadvitiya lalita vrndavana viharini
lalita prana-laksaika-raksa vrndavanesvari
20. Who is none other than Lalita’s very life, 21. Enjoys in Vrndavana, 22. Who saves Lalita’s life lakhs of times, 23. Queen of Vrndavana.
vraja go-gopa-gopali jiva-matraika-jivanam
24. Who is as dear to Mother Yasoda as Krsna, 25. Who is the only life of the life of the cows, cowherdsmen and cowherdgirls of Vraja.
govinda pranayadhara surabhi sevanotsuka
26. Who is the object of King Nanda’s affection, 27. Who gets parental affection from Balaram, 28. Who is the object of Govinda’s love (Govinda is eager to serve His surabhi cows).
dhrta nandisvara-ksema gamanotkanthi-manasa
sva-dehadvaitata drsta dhanistha dhyeya-darsana
29. Who is very eager to go to Nandisvara for serving Krsna, 30. Who is regarded as non-different from her by Dhanistha and seen in her meditations, (Dhanistha is Yasoda’s maidservant).
gopendra-mahisi paka-sala-vedi prakasika
ayur-varddha-karaddhana rohini ghrata-mastaka
31. Who is seen in Mother Yadosa’s kitchen, 32. Whose cooked grains increase Krsna’s life, 33. Whose head is smelt by Rohini.
subala nyasta sarupya subala priti-tosita
mukhara-drk sudha-naptri jatila drsti-bhasita
34. Who has bestowed a form equal to Hers to Subala, 35. Who is very fond of Subala, 36. Who is nectar in Mukhara’s eyes, 37. Who is afraid to see Her mother-in-law, Jatila.
madhumangala narmokti janita-smita-candrika
paurnamasi bahih khelat prana-panjara sarika
38. Who smiles like the moonbeams after hearing Madhumangala’s jokes, 39. The she-parrot of Whose heart is caught in Paurnamasi’s cage.
sva ganadvaita jivatuh sviyahankara-vardhini
sva ganopendra padabja sparsa-lambhana harsini
40. Who is the only life of Her friends, 41. Who increases the pride of Her relatives, 42. Who is very happy to touch Upendra’s feet with Her friends.
sviya vrndavanodyana paliki krta-vrndaka
jnata vrndatavi sarva lata-taru-mrga-dvija
43. Who has placed Vrnda in charge of Vrndavana’s gardens, 44. Who is known by all the vines, trees, deer and birds of Vrndavana.
isac candana samghrsta nava-kasmira-deha-bhah
java-puspa pritha-hari patta cinarunambara
Whose body shines with fresh vermillion ground with some sandalpaste, 46. Whose silken dress shines more reddish than the java flower.
hari citta camatkari caru nupura nihsvana
47. Whose lotus footsoles make the surface of the earth shine crimson-red, 48. Who astonishes Hari’s mind with the sweet sound of Her anklebells.
krsna-sranti-hara sroni pitha-valgita ghantika
krsna sarvasva pinodyat kucancan mani-malika
49. The nice sounds of whose waistbells remove Krsna’s fatigue, 50. The pearl necklace on whose firm, raised breasts is everything to Krsna.
nana-ratnollasad sankha-cuda caru bhuja-dvaya
syamantaka-mani bhrajan mani-bandhati-bandhura
51. Whose two beautiful arms are adorned with conchshell bangles inset with various jewels, 52. On Whose wrist the beautiful Syamantaka jewel shines.
suvarna darpana-jyotir ullanghi mukha-mandala
pakka dadima bijabha dantakrstaghabhic chuka
53. The shining of Whose face defeats that of a golden mirror, 54. Whose teeth, that shine like ripe pomegranate seeds, attract the parrot-like Aghabhit (Krsna).
abja-ragadi srstabja-kalika karna-bhusana
saubhagya kajjalankakta netranandita khanjana
55. Whose ruby earrings are shaped like lotus buds, 56. Whose wagtail-like eyes are anointed with beautiful eyeliner, giving great joy to the eyes.
suvrtta mauktika mukta nasika tilapuspika
sucaru nava-kasturi tilakancita-bhalaka
57. Whose nose, that is beautiful as a sesame flower, is adorned with a round pearl, 58. Whose forehead is adorned with beautiful tilak made of fresh musk.
divya veni vinirdhuta keki-pincha-vara-stutih
netranta-sara vidhvamsakrta canurajid dhrtih
59. Whose divine hairbraid is worshiped by peacock feathers (being defeated in beauty), 60. The arrows of Whose glances destroy the patience of Krsna, Who defeated the Canura wrestler.
sphurat kaisora-tarunya sandhi-bandhura-vigraha
madhavollasakonmatta pikoru madhura-svara
61. Who is blooming teenage beauty personified, 62. Who pleases Madhava, 63. Who maddens Madhava with Her sweet, cuckoo-like voice.
pranayuta-sata prestha madhavotkirti-lampata
64. Who is more attached to Madhava’s great glories than to millions of lives, 65. Whose nectarean smiles provide bubbles on the waves of Krsna’s glances.
punjibhuta jagallajja vaidagdhi-digdha-vigraha
karuna vidravad deha murtiman madhuri-ghata
66. Who is the very form of cleverness, embarrassing the whole world, 67. Whose body melts in kindness, 68. Who is abundant sweetness personified.
jagad-gunavati-varga giyamana gunoccaya
sacyadi subhaga-vrnda vandyamanoru-saubhaga
69. Whose glories arre loudly sung by all the great ladies of the world, 70. Who is incessantly praised by beautiful ladies like Saci.
vina-vadana sangita rasalasya visarada
narada pramukhodgita jagad anandi sad-yasah
71. Who is expert in singing and playing vina in the rasa dance, 72. Whose pure glories are sung by sages headed by Narada, giving joy to the world.
govardhana-guha geha grhini kunja-mandana
candamsu-nandini baddha bhagini-bhava-vibhrama
73. She is the housewife in the caves in Govardhana, 74. She decorates the kunja, 75. She has a sisterly relationship with Yamuna, (Yamuna is the daughter of the sun and Radha is thedaughter of Vrsabhanu, the sun in Taurus).
divya kundalata narma sakhya-dama-vibhusita
76. She is adorned with the wreath of divine Kundalata’s friendship, 77. She is the professor in amorous rapture, giving joy to the holder of Govardhana.
girindra-dhara vaksah srih sankhacudari-jivanam
78. She is Laksmi on the chest of the holder of Govardhan, 79. She is the life of the enemy of Sankhacuda, 80. She is the settlement of Cupid for the love of the son of Gokulendra.
vrsa-vidhvamsa narmokti sva-nirmita sarovara
nija kunda-jala-krida jita sankarsananuja
81. Who made Her own pond after the killer of Arista mocked Her, 82. Who defeats Sankarsana’s younger brother in sports in Her own pond.
mura-mardana mattebha vihara-mrta-dirghika
girindra-dhara-parindra rati-yuddhoru simhika
83. She is the ambrosial pond of enjoyment for the intoxicated elephant who defeated Mura, 84. She is a powerful lioness fighting amorous sports with the king of lions, the holder of the best of mountains.
sva tanu-saurabhonmatti krta mohana madhava
dor-muloccalana krida vyakuli-krta kesava
85. Who enchants Madhava with Her intoxicating bodily fragrance, 86. Who agitates Kesava by playfully showing Her armpit.
nija kunda-tati kunja klrpta keli kalodyama
divya malli-kulollasi sayyakalpita vigraha
87. Who expands Her artful plays in the kunja on the bank of Her own pond, 88. Who makes a bed of divine jasmine flowers there with joy.
krsna vama-bhuja nyasta caru daksina gandaka
savya bahu-lata baddha krsna daksina sad-bhuja
89. Who places Her beautiful right cheek on Krsna’s left arm, 90. Who holds Krsna’s right arm with Her left vine-like arm.
krsna daksina caruru slista vamoru-rambhika
girindra-dhara drg-vaksor mardi-sustana-parvata
91. Whose beautiful, broad, banana-like left hip touches Krsna’s right hip, 92. Whose nice, mountain-like breasts are being massaged by the Holder of Govardhana.
govindadhara piyusa vasitadhara-pallava
sudha-sancaya carukti sitali-krta madhava
93. Whose leaf-like lips are scented by the nectar of Govinda’s lips, 94. Whose beautiful words distribute nectar, cooling Madhava off.
govindodgirna tambula raga rajyat kapolika
krsna sambhoga saphali-krta manmatha sambhava
95. Whose cheeks are colored by the pan from Govinda’s lips, 96. Who realizes Krsna’s fancies of amorous enjoyments.
govinda marjitoddama rati-prasvinna sanmukha
visakha vijita krida-santi nidralu-vigraha
97. The profuse perspiration from whose face is wiped off by Govinda, 98. Who is being fanned by Visakha when She falls asleep after playing with Krsna.
govinda-carana-nyasta kaya-manasa jivana
svapranarbuda nirmanchya hari pada-rajah kana
99. Who has placed Her life, body and mind at Govinda’s lotus feet, 100. Who worships the dust of Hari’s lotus feet with billions of hearts.
anumatracyutadarsa sayyamanatma locana
nitya-nutana govinda vaktra-subhramsu-darsana
101. Who curses Her eyes for every second that they do not see Acyuta, 102. Who beholds Govinda’s ever-fresh moonlike face.
nihsima hari-madhurya saundaryadyeka-bhogini
sapatnya dhama murali-matra bhagya kataksini
103. Who is the only enjoyer of Hari’s endless sweetness and beauty, 104. Who can only blink at the fortune of Her co-wife, the Murali flute.
gadha buddhi-bala krida jita vamsi-vikarsini
narmokti candrikotphulla krsna kamabdi-vardhini
105. Who takes Krsna’s flute after defeating Him in a gambling match, 106. Who increases the ocean of Krsna’s desires by the full moonbeams of Her joking words.
krsna sarvendriyonmadi radhetyaksara-yugmaka
107. Who is the moonlike resting place for all the senses of the moon of Vraja (Sri Krsna), 108. The two syllables of Whose name Ra-dha madden all of Krsna’s senses.
idam sri radhika namnam astottara satojjvalam
sri radhalambhakam nama stotram caru-rasayanam
yo dhite parama pritya dinah katara-manasah
sa natham acirenaiva sa natham iksate dhruvam
Whoever recites these 108 names of Sri Radha, that consists of all beautiful, nectarean Radha-nama, with great love, humility and eagerness, will certainly and swiftly behold Her Master.
iti srimad raghunatha dasa gosvami viracita stavavalyam
sri radhika-stottara-sata nama stotram sampurnam.
Thus ends Sriman Raghunatha Dasa Gosvami’s Sri Radhika’s 108 names-prayer.