14-DAY BOOK DISTRIBUTION MARATHON AT MT. RUSHMORE (Album of…
14-DAY BOOK DISTRIBUTION MARATHON AT MT. RUSHMORE (Album of photos)
Danakeli Dasi: With the completion of our first two-week permit for a book table at Mt. Rushmore, we’re happy to report that the results are already better than we were expecting. 3,434 pieces of literature were distributed in 14 days:
996 copies of Beyond Birth & Death
880 copies of Chant & Be Happy
800 copies of On Chanting Hare Krishna
204 copies of Bhagavad-gītā As It Is
554 copies of other titles
Many nice people took Śrīla Prabhupāda’s books home, but we were too busy to take photos or to document the stories. Some examples, however, are:
• a young woman who had never heard of Krishna before but kept having dreams of Him. A psychic told her it was Lord Krishna. When she saw the BG on our table, she said, “That’s Lord Krishna! I’ll take that book!”
• a girl fresh out of high school who said that when people say “Merry Christmas,” she replies “Hare Krishna,” though she doesn’t know how she got into that habit
• an older lady who lost her husband years ago to cancer, then her son in an auto accident, & later her daughter to a disease. She was searching for answers & took a stack of books home.
• a 13-year-old girl, who upon seeing the title Journey of Self-Discovery, said, “I want to learn how this works!”
• a young man just out of high school & traveling to search for truth. He took several books.
• a woman who was supposed to be in TN to attend a meditation seminar but who whimsically decided to visit Mt. Rushmore instead. She took a stack of books.
• two Buddhist monks from Thailand who received Chant & Be Happy
• a local jail inmate on a weekend furlough who took two books
• a spiritually awake, vegetarian couple who retired early in order to travel full time in an RV for the sake of spiritual seeking. They took several books.
• a college-aged girl from Chicago who was traveling by herself in search for a higher purpose & who understood she didn’t bump into our table by chance
We were unable to get another permit for the rest of July since several other groups also applied to use the First Amendment Rights areas. But we did secure a two-week permit for Aug. 1. So we’ll take a break, restock titles which we ran out of, & return to Mt. Rushmore soon.
All glories to Śrīla Prabhupāda!
Please see the photos and their captions here: https://is.gd/FXoujJ