Krishna conscious conference in Italy’s ex parliament chamber by an Iskcon devotee
Click here about the details of the conference – (pdf)
Radharani dasi: A devotee of Krishna and Shrila Prabhupada disciple, Matsyavatara das, Founder of Centro Studi Bhaktivedanta (www. c-s-b. org) for the first time will hold a conference about Divine Comedy and Bhagavad gita in the prestigious “Palazzo Vecchio” in Florence, into its most imposing chamber that has a length of 170 ft and is 75 ft broad.
It was built in 1494 by Simone del Pollaiolo, on commission of Savonarola who, replacing the Medicis after their exile, as spiritual leader of the Republic wanted the hall to be the seat of the Grand Council (Consiglio Maggiore) consisting of 500 members. Later the hall was enlarged by Giorgio Vasari so that Grand Duke Cosimo I could hold his court in this chamber. After many centuries, these universal monuments of Western and Eastern thought -Divine Comedy and Bhagavad-gita- still inspire modern man in his yearning for evolution and realization in lay and religious terms.
Through the exploration of the existential convergence between Divine Comedy and Bhagavad-gita, two works of perennial philosophy, the participants will be led on a journey through dimensions representing the different levels of consciousness while searching for the meaning of life. The Comedy and the Gita are compendia of cosmogonical, anthropological and eschatological teachings regarding philosophy, psychology, ethics and spirituality. These interweaved topics express the substantial continuity of the different levels of the being and the thick net of correspondences between micro and macrocosm.
Jaya Shrila Prabhupada!
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vraja Vilasa dasa Maharaja explained to the ...
- By Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura Learned sages hav...
- By Janakinatha Dasa Every December, the book ma...
- By Nagaraja Dasa The maya of the material world...
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...