Bhaktivedanta College’s Students Get a Foothold on the Year to Come: Orientation Week
By Dina Dayala das SNS (Bhaktivedanta College – BE)
The eighth class of first-year students was warmly greeted during Orientation Week. The students, from all parts of the world, were welcomed to their new home for the next nine months. The older students reunited with schoolmates as the first-year students met their new ones. Introductions, bhajans, and prasada were highlights of the week, as was a self-development aspect of the college: the Introspection Course, held by Anuradha Dasi, a visiting lecturer from Oxford.
“The group exercises and the lifelines we constructed of what it took
to get us to Radhadesh,” said Tivra Bhakti Dasi, a first-year student
from Finland, were her “favorite parts.”
The Orientation Week also introduced the students to the Radhadesh community and provided instructions on skills they will need for their courses. First-year students received from Jaya Bhadra, their English counselor, tips, advice, and a lesson on grammar and usage. The older students head straight back into their course study.
Everyone could agree that the college is a crucial addition to their lives, and they were excited to pursue the coming school year.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Madhava Smullen Prabhupada envisioned New Vr...
- By Ravindra Svarupa DasaIn the Philadelphia air...
- By Giriraj SwamiIn 1974, almost exactly forty y...
- By Lalitanatha dasa To this day, almost fort...
- By Gunacuda Dasi In his purport to Srimad Bhaga...
- By Jaganmohini Devi DasiOn Nov. 28th, 2014, dis...
- By Radha Jivan DasAn initiated devotee of ISKCO...
- By Tribhuvanatha DasaDuring the Ratha yatra fes...
- By Urmila Devi Dasi"No Krsna rituals," my cousi...
- By Vaishanvanghri Sevaka Das “In the above char...