Bhaktivedanta College’s Students Get a Foothold on the Year to Come: Orientation Week
By Dina Dayala das SNS (Bhaktivedanta College – BE)
The eighth class of first-year students was warmly greeted during Orientation Week. The students, from all parts of the world, were welcomed to their new home for the next nine months. The older students reunited with schoolmates as the first-year students met their new ones. Introductions, bhajans, and prasada were highlights of the week, as was a self-development aspect of the college: the Introspection Course, held by Anuradha Dasi, a visiting lecturer from Oxford.
“The group exercises and the lifelines we constructed of what it took
to get us to Radhadesh,” said Tivra Bhakti Dasi, a first-year student
from Finland, were her “favorite parts.”
The Orientation Week also introduced the students to the Radhadesh community and provided instructions on skills they will need for their courses. First-year students received from Jaya Bhadra, their English counselor, tips, advice, and a lesson on grammar and usage. The older students head straight back into their course study.
Everyone could agree that the college is a crucial addition to their lives, and they were excited to pursue the coming school year.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...
- By Indian Media Nineteen ISKCON devotees were i...