New “relief art” picture panels installed at ISKCON Baroda
By Basu Ghosh Das
Six new ten by ten foot “relief art painting panels” have just been installed here at ISKCON Baroda, in the temple room/darshan mandap, of the Sri Sri Radha Shyamsundar Mandir, Hare Krishna Land, Gotri Road, Baroda. Thirty three pictures of the panels have just been posted on the internet at the following URL:
(click on the link or cut and paste into your internet browser)
There is a picture of Lord Krishna’s famous “lifting of Govardhan Hill”, Lord Shiva drinking the “halhala” poison from the Eighth Canto of Srimad Bhagavatam, Lord Krishna revealing his “Vishwarup/Virat Swarup” from the Eleventh Chapter of the Bhagavad-gita, Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and the Panchatattva performing harinam sankirtan at Navadvip, and Srila Prabhupada and his disciples performing sankirtan at the Jagannath Rathayatra festival at San Francisco, back during 1969.
Descriptions of panels appear in captions below some the pictures just posted the internet. Captions are to be installed below the actual pictures themselves.
Three such panels were recently installed in the “Govinda’s restaurant” dining hall area here at ISKCON Baroda (news had been posted earlier on the internet).
“Govinda’s” should open shortly, just around Diwali day, coming up on October 18, 2009.
We are planning to install two more such “relief art panels” where space is already available in the temple room here at ISKCON Baroda.
Comments and suggestions are most welcome. Please write to me directly with any: Many thanks to Samba Prabhu (JPS), Temple President of ISKCON Vishakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh, India) for introducing us to the artist, Sri Raj Kumar Mallick of M/s. Model House, Krishnanagar, Nadia District, West Bengal, who executed the work while residing here these past four months.
Many thanks to Samba Prabhu (JPS), Temple President of ISKCON Vishakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh, India) for introducing us to the artist, Sri Raj Kumar Mallick of M/s. Model House, Krishnanagar, Nadia District, West Bengal, who executed the work while residing here these past four months.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon related news on DandavatsTV Channel
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Laxmimoni Devi Dasi If Srila Prabhupada visi...
- By Rasanand Das As conditioned souls within thi...
- By Deva Darshan Das Sharing wisdom and ideas on...
- By Arjuna Krishna dasa Both Rama Laksman prabhu...
- By Indresh DasBhaktimarga Swami was trying to k...
- By Sri Jagannath Mandir The event was even more...
- By Diksha Devi DasiDuring this particular month...
- By Ajit Krishna DasaResponse to the author of “...
- By Murari Gupta DasaI first heard about Bilvama...
- By Ravindra Svarupa dasaThe Sanskrit word bhoga...