By Phanisvara das
Would you like to live and operate in Sridham Mayapur and simultaneously serve all ISKCON communities in the world?
Type of Service: Full-time
Location: Sridham Mayapur, India
Remuneration: As required
Direct line of report: The Ministry’s Operation Team
Summary Service Description:
* Coordinating communication with the Ministry’s contacts, receiving and processing reports;
* Producing interviews and articles;
* Coordinating educational campaigns;
* Coordinating the production and circulation of books, magazines, and audiovisuals;
* Organizing presentations and seminars in Mayapur, with local educational institutes and visiting groups;
* Supervising resident staff and volunteers;
* Supervising the office and its equipment;
* Managing periodical events such as festivals, award ceremonies, etc.;
* Overseeing research and analysis of congregational dynamics within ISKCON and in other organizations;
* Solid personal spiritual practices, such as chanting 16 rounds daily;
* Fluency in English (knowledge of other languages a plus);
* Capacity to coordinate devotees from different parts of the world;
* Being self-motivated and self-directed; strong spirit of initiative;
* Good communication and social skills;
* Familiarity with current communication technologies, especially Internet-based;
Interested? Write to the Congregational Development Ministry’s general manager, Seva Swarupa Prabhu.
The Ministry’s Vision & Mission
The Ministry actively collaborates with ISKCON affiliates worldwide to facilitate the spiritual growth of individuals and communities according to the teachings of Srila Prabhupada.
We offer consultancy, education and networking to assist the International Society for Krishna Consciousness to develop and expand its communities according the following principles:
* A deeply caring attitude for all members, according to their stage in life and their different levels of need.
* Promoting the engagement of all devotees in outreach and their empowering in taking responsibility in the mission.
* Organizing all practitioners in small groups for intimate exchanges and the building of friendly relation; regular supervision and support.
* Temples as tirthas for inspiration and exemplary behaviour; enthusing large gatherings and festivals.
* Ongoing systematic training and education.
We support the Ministry’s specialized divisions: ISKCON Prison Ministries and the Armed Forces Outreach Ministries.
We design and present courses.
We produce, translate and circulate books, articles, supporting materials, audiovisuals.
We assist in organizing festivals & conventions.
We remain updated on innovations and trends from both inside and outside ISKCON.
Our web site: namahatta.org.