From Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur
By Kavicandra Swami
To make us wholly devoted devoted to Krsna’s name, Sri Gaurangadeva, the combined form of Radha Govinda, came to this world. But if we disregard His teachings and show no interest in sri-nama-seva, we will never attain auspiciousness. Sri-nama-sankirtan is the best sadhana. If other sadhanas help us in krsna-sankirtana, then they deserve to called sadhana: otherwise there are simply impediments to sadhana. Sri Krsna nama sankitana is the emperor of sadhanas. It is the only infallible sadhana capaable of bringing us to siddhi. Sriman Mahaprabhu did not speak of teaching arcana, but in siksastaka he taight nama-bhajana. Although in kali-yuga other limbs of bhakti should be performed, they shuld be accompanied by bhakti denoted by kirtana. Krsna and krsna-nama are not two entities. Krsna is HIs holy name, and the holy name is Krsna. Krsna-nama is the son of Nanda, Syamasundara. Our only devotional service and duty is sri-krsna-nama-snakirtana. This understandingis auspicious.”
Quoted from Sri Bhaktisiddhanta Vaibhava by HH Bhakti Vikas Swami
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...
- By Shyam Sunder Priya DasIt was like any other...
- By Iskcon VizagDue to hud hud cyclone our templ...
- By radhanathswami.com “When we do things on a s...
- By Zachary Feder and Khatera Sahibzada In an ag...
- By Krsnabaladev Das Urgent action is needed to ...
- By Muralidhara-priya Das Devotees explain that ...