A Dog in the Bushes
Giriraj Swami: On my walk yesterday I had to heed the call of nature in the bushes, and I quickly hung my bead bag on a branch. Somehow, the picture of Lord Jagannatha on the bag ended up looking at me, and I thought of Srila Prabhupada’s words: “You have seen the dog and the master. The master is so friendly to the dog–out of love. It is a dog, but when it is passing stool, the master is waiting. Why? Is the duty of the master to wait while the dog is passing stool? No. Out of love. Out of love. We can see from practical example. The master may be a great millionaire, but still, he loves the dog so much that on the morning walk he takes his dog and the dog is passing urine . . . What business the dog has got? To pass urine and stool and go this way and that way. But the master is attending. Similarly, God, Krsna, is so affectionate that we have come here to this material world simply to pass stool and urine, and still He’s attending. Just imagine how merciful is Krsna.” (Srila Prabhupada lecture, September 29, 1974)
Giriraj Swami Santa Barbara April 10, 2010
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Radhanath Swami“My heart aches for love,” sh...
- By Vikram PatilA devotee from a remote village ...
- By Bhakti-lata Dasi I had fallen away from chan...
- By Satyaraja DasaOur tale goes back to one of t...
- By Damodar Prasad dasThis meditation is conclud...
- By Gauravani dasa Of the late, mantra meditatio...
- By Indradyumna SwamiYesterday, upon my return t...
- By Vaishnava Dasa "Regarding the Christmas Day ...
- By Suvarna Radhika Devi DasiThe highest reason ...
- By Drutakarma Das Cremo states that the book ha...