A Dog in the Bushes
Giriraj Swami: On my walk yesterday I had to heed the call of nature in the bushes, and I quickly hung my bead bag on a branch. Somehow, the picture of Lord Jagannatha on the bag ended up looking at me, and I thought of Srila Prabhupada’s words: “You have seen the dog and the master. The master is so friendly to the dog–out of love. It is a dog, but when it is passing stool, the master is waiting. Why? Is the duty of the master to wait while the dog is passing stool? No. Out of love. Out of love. We can see from practical example. The master may be a great millionaire, but still, he loves the dog so much that on the morning walk he takes his dog and the dog is passing urine . . . What business the dog has got? To pass urine and stool and go this way and that way. But the master is attending. Similarly, God, Krsna, is so affectionate that we have come here to this material world simply to pass stool and urine, and still He’s attending. Just imagine how merciful is Krsna.” (Srila Prabhupada lecture, September 29, 1974)
Giriraj Swami Santa Barbara April 10, 2010
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Vyasmuni DasToday on 25th October 2014 at 5:...
- By Vijaya dasa September proved to be a great m...
- By indiatimes.com LONDON: British Prime Ministe...
- By Hari Narayana Das (With 271 photos) Commemor...
- By Indradyumna SwamiToday, October 25, ISKCON d...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...