World Heritage Day Celebration
Friends of Vrindavan: The members of the Braj – Vrindavan Heritage Alliance organized a demonstration on the eve of the World Heritage Day in front of the Ancient Govind Dev Temple in Vrindavan. The demonstrators said that the ancient buildings, temples, water bodies, hills and the ghats should be conserved. They said that the Govind Dev Temple is a unique temple which is very rich in it architecture. This temple is the biggest heritage of its type in North India. All the devotees and brajwasis who love art and culture should attribute to the protection of these heritage buildings. Though billions of people visit Braj – Vrindavan but they don’t contribute much to the development and conservation of Vrindavan. The numbers of the tourists coming to Vrindavan can be increase if these heritage buildings are conserved. Tourist will be happy to pay to visit these heritage sites.
The culture of Braj should also be conserved and protected along with these heritage sites. The ancient monuments and buildings are the living heritage where daily rituals like worship, preaching and kirtan are performed. The devotees come to this place with faith and devotion. Some old buildings and temples having architectural value have been grabbed illegally. The Archeological Survey of India and the U.P. State archeological department is not taking any steps to get them back under their control.
They demanded that Vrindavan should be declared as a World Heritage City by the UNESCO. They also demanded the Archaeological departments should be seriously work to conserve and protect them to prevent the public ire against these departments.
Shri Bal Krishna Goutam, Shri Anuj Kumar Goswami, Shri Pradyumna Pratap Singh, Shri Ram Narayan Brajwasi , Shri Vishnu Das, Shri Ashok Agarawal, Shri Gopal Sharma, Shri Madhu Mangal Sharma, Shri Premananda Saraswati, Shri Kailash Dixit, Shri Dhar Sharma, Jagannath Poddar, Ravindra Kulshreshtha , Shri Kanhaiya Gupta and many others were present in the demonstration.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By radhanathswami.com On the 8th of October, Ra...
- By Mayesvara DasaMany people who seek pleasure ...
- By Madhava Smullen A brand new Devotee Relation...
- By Devaki Devi Dasi As we all know, in these mo...
- By Stephen LaceyTony Kaye (Pratapana Das), 67, ...
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami After bathing in Radha...
- By Shyam Sunder Priya DasIt was like any other...
- By Iskcon VizagDue to hud hud cyclone our templ...
- By radhanathswami.com “When we do things on a s...
- By Zachary Feder and Khatera Sahibzada In an ag...