Ganga safari no 4
By Parasuram das
20 March 2010 our Jaladuta carrying Sri Sri Nitai Gaurasundra entered the Gandaki river at Gopal Gange near Nepal border. HH Mahavishnu Swami and his scurvy crew set sail for another adventure.
This was our 4th voyage so we know what to expect D the unexpected. Hope for the best and expect the worst, the worst is always worse then you expect. We were an international group. One English, Russian, Ukrainian, Estonian, German, Bosnian, and two Irish. For the next two weeks we were to live the traditional Sadhu lifestyle, depending on the Lord for our material necessities. We took the Holy name to very remote villages and towns in Bihar.
We were informed that Bihar was a dangerous state; many dacits live there, as in the times of Lord Caitanya where the Biharis used to kidnap the smaller Bengalis and use them for slaves. When we arrived in Bihar we met HH Mahavishnu Swami. There was quite a lot of blood on his face and legs. He declared -I just got into a fight”. Some thieves tried to rob the Maharaja, they grabbed his bag and the Maharaj rugby tackled one of them, in the struggle he got a little damaged D but saved his bag. The Maharaj is the most fearless person I have ever met.
He is 65 years of age old going on twenty. In Bhagavad-Gita chapter 16 text 1 purport, -For a sannyasi, the first qualification should be fearlessness. .one must thus have firm conviction that Krishna as Paramatma will take care of a soul surrendered to him.” The Maharaj is always happy to take the Holy name on an adventure, no matter how dangerous it appears and it always turns out ecstatic. We found the Bihar villages to be very receptive to Krishna consciousness. After teaching them to chant, the Maharaj would get one of them to lead the kirtan.
Then distribute Prasad and some books. The people were simple but enthusiastic D -dry wood”. One man was pretending to read the book to be polite until he came to the pictures in the book, which were upside down, he quickly adjusted the book in his hands. Illiteracy is not a disqualification for Krishna Consciousness D thank God that we donêt need to be materially qualified or Iêd be up the creek without a paddle.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...
- By Indian Media Nineteen ISKCON devotees were i...
- By Gaurangi Devi DasiThe Padayatra Ministry is ...
- By Vrndavana Vinodini Devi DasiHearing good new...
- By Ramlakshman Das 20 devotees registered for t...
- By Madhavananda Das Everyday, ISKCON devotees a...
- By Bhajahari das Due to Tribhuvanatha's prabh...
- By Arjuna Krsna das Both Rama Laksman prabhu, D...
- By Nanda Kishor dasISKCON’s Bhakti Yoga Society...