Homage to Amekhala devi dasi
Urmila devi dasi: I first met Amekhala devi dasi about eight years ago, when she married Srutakirti, Prabhupada’s servant, and father of my son-in-law. Amekhala delighted in telling stories of how she cleaned Prabhupada’s rooms in London and she was dedicated to keeping or restoring Prabhupada’s standards, such as cooking with ghee rather than oil. Amekhala often traveled with Srutakirti as he told audiences throughout the world of Prabhupada’s lila. She even traveled for a year while in great pain and with much disability. Unknown to her during that time, cancer was ravaging her body.
When she learned in December that she had cancer, she took the advised chemotherapy, but one treatment left her at the brink of death. After some months of battling the disease with various alternative treatments, she left her body peacefully Friday morning, surrounded by many loving devotees in kirtana. We miss Amekhala and pray that she continues to serve Prabhupada with her fierce dedication and untiring energy.
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By E. BondarThe way we answer this question wil...
- By Vrajendra Kumar DasThis one hour long extrao...
- By thehindu.comSinya Ejima, chief representativ...
- By Bernard Wilchusky"Chanting clears the mind; ...
- By Sukhada dasiOn August 23rd, 2014, when the t...
- By Dandadhrk Das We were twenty participants as...
- By Madhava DasShri Manoj Tiwari famous singer, ...
- By Radhanatha Swami Love is not to want peace b...
- By Niranjana Swami My name is Omvati Devi Dasi,...
- By Harideva Dasa “So at the time of death… Of c...