In Memoriam, for Amekhala dd
From Daru Brahma dd and Pusta Krishna das
When we lived as students in the late 1970s in Berkeley, California, Amekhala dd was our next door neighbor for several years. Life was not always easy for her. She chose Krishna and walked from maya’s allurement. That was her strength. It is easy for a poor person to renounce money… it is easy to renounce opulence when one has little in their hands. But, Amekhala dd was charismatic and gifted with much opulence. She offered her all to Krishna. That is sacrifice. In those days, shortly after Srila Prabhupad’s departure, the disciples of Srila Prabhupad around Berkeley used to gather often in each other’s homes for regular programs of Sankirtan, hearing and chanting, and Prasadam. She was an active participant in those programs. When she returned to England some time later, we was very happy to hear that she lived closeby the Bhaktivedanta Manor. These devotees are very wonderful indeed. While death seems so final, we vaishnavas know that it is only a transition for the soul. How we live in our practicing life is our offering in this world to Sri Sri Guru Gauranga. Sruta Kirti Prabhu is very much like this also. His sweet personality and kind-hearted nature found a kindred soul in the person of Amekhala dd. Knowing that Krishna’s Mercy is all in all for the bhakta who depends on Him for everything, we are confident in His guardianship. His unlimited Mercy is the breath of air for the serving souls. Keeping Krishna as the Center of all relationships in this world is the art of Krishna conscious living. That art, given to us by Srila Prabhupad, is exemplified by many of the first generation of western bhaktas. We know that Amekhala’s personal example will inspire future generations of aspiring bhaktas also. And, we are confident of the destination of such dedicated souls, the eternal spiritual Home of Sri Krishna and His eternal loving servants.
Daru Brahma dd and Pusta Krishna das
- About Us
- Alachua Temple Live Podcast
- Articles by authors
- Comments by author
- Contact us
- Donate through searching
- Founder Acarya
- Incoming Links
- Iskcon News TV Channel
- Iskcon Radio stations
- Iskcon Universe Feed
- Jaya Srila Prabhupada!
- Krishna conscious “youtube”
- Krishna Conscious Media
- Last 50 comments
- Most commented articles
- Most read articles
- New Dwaraka Archived Lectures
- Temple webcams
- The last seven days most read articles
- By Bhaktisiddhanta Swami The meanings of Dipava...
- By Tribhuvavatha dasTumultuous preaching by Isk...
- By Lindy Laird Food for Life is one of four gro...
- By Aniruddha Das Yesterday we had the great ple...
- By Tulsi GabbardDiwali Message from Tulsi Gabba...
- By Yudhistir Govinda DasThe international commi...
- By Srila Prabhupada(Letter from Srila Prabhupad...
- By Giriraja Swami The day after Diwali is calle...
- By Cardinal Jean-Louis Tauran (Vatican) As Hind...
- By Prasar BhartiContemplation and prayer remind...